The business week ahead
TUESDAY: The Cascadia Innovation Corridor Conference, the second formal gathering of a Microsoft-sponsored effort to build closer ties between Seattle and Vancouver, B.C., kicks off in Seattle. Local, state and provincial officials and corporate leaders are expected to attend. … Local companies Alder Biopharmaceuticals, Juno Therapeutics and Seattle Genetics are among the biotechnology firms presenting Tuesday at a three-day Morgan Stanley Healthcare Conference in New York.
WEDNESDAY: Labor Department releases the Producer Price Index for August.
THURSDAY: Weekly U.S. jobless claims are reported by the Labor Department.
FRIDAY: Commerce Department releases retail sales data for August, an early sign of the economic impact of Hurricane Harvey.
Most Read Stories
- Scientists say recent quake swarm at Rainier doesn't signal impending eruption
- ‘Everyone failed him’: Boy’s aunt accused of murder, DSHS accused of ‘critical errors’
- Seattle’s newcomers vs. longtime residents: At least we both like the Seahawks
- 'Polite Robber' suspect told similar sob story when arrested 8 years ago
- 12 Tully’s Coffee locations at Boeing to close, with each side blaming the other