A look at business events during the week
TODAY: Gov. Jay Inslee officially opens a new Boeing Advanced Research Center at the University of Washington’s Mechanical Engineering department. UW President Michael Young and Boeing Commercial Airplanes chief Ray Conner will attend. . … U.S. financial markets are closed for the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday.
TUESDAY: The National Association of Home Builders releases its housing- market index for January.
WEDNESDAY: Microsoft releases more details about features of its upcoming Windows 10 operating system at the company’s Redmond campus. The news event will be webcast live at 9 a.m. at http://news.microsoft. com/windows10story/. … The Commerce Department releases housing starts for December.
THURSDAY: Starbucks reports its fiscal 2015 first-quarter earnings. The company is expected to provide more details about a shift in top management, as Chief Operating Officer Troy Alstead steps down to take a sabbatical. … The state Economic Security Department releases December employment figures for Washington and the Seattle area. … The European Central Bank’s governing council meets in Frankfurt, Germany, to set monetary policy for the 19-nation eurozone. It’s expected to make some economic-stimulus moves.
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- Update: Seahawks' Jimmy Graham suffers right knee injury vs. Steelers, will miss rest of season
- Suspected burglar dies after getting stuck in chimney
- Seattle Seahawks’ swagger, hopes for playoffs are back after they slam door on Pittsburgh Steelers
- Grading the game: Seattle Seahawks’ offense earns perfect mark against Pittsburgh Steelers
Most Read Stories
FRIDAY: The National Association of Realtors releases existing home sales for December.
SUNDAY: Look for TimesWatch, a monthly graphical look at economic indicators for the Puget Sound region, in The Seattle Times’ Business section.