Microsoft may be ready to go hostile in its bid for Yahoo as soon as today, according to a report Thursday night in The Wall Street Journal.
Citing unnamed people familiar with the matter, The Journal reported the situation was fluid and that the company could change its strategy. Microsoft would not comment.
Chief Executive Steve Ballmer told The Journal earlier Thursday he can build an Internet ad business without buying Yahoo.
Meanwhile, Yahoo is exploring an ad partnership with Google. Impressed by a two-week test finished last month, Yahoo could firm up a long-term deal within a week, The Journal said.
- Pursuit of big-money contract comes at a cost for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson
- As Puget Sound sweats, few air conditioners are cooling us down
- Ticket prices soar, then drop for World Cup
- Russell Wilson talks baseball, contract and other stuff on Jimmy Kimmel
- Rules preserving city views set up clash among towers competing to be first, biggest