BOSTON (AP) — Democratic Massachusetts Attorney General Maura Healey is asking Exxon Mobil to preserve all alias email accounts of company executives.
Massachusetts and New York are investigating whether Exxon misled investors and the public about the risks climate change posed for the oil and gas company.
Monday’s letter comes after it was disclosed former Exxon CEO Rex Tillerson, the current U.S. Secretary of State, used an alias email account.
Healey’s office said in the letter: “Alias email addresses of Exxon executives and documents associated with them must be preserved.”
Most Read Stories
- Washington loses 2017 incoming point guard Blake Harris
- Rare, often fatal, respiratory disease carried by mice — hantavirus — confirmed in King County
- Measles cases in South Lake Union: Were you exposed?
- 'I'm amazed tourists ever come back': Your comments on Seattle's poor tourism survey
- Mike Hopkins' basketball coaching staff at Washington begins to take shape
Exxon said in a court filing there was nothing wrong with Tillerson having two email accounts.
Tillerson’s alias email account was disclosed by Democratic New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman. A Schneiderman aide said he’s looking forward to addressing the issue in court.