BOSTON (AP) — Democratic Massachusetts Attorney General Maura Healey is asking Exxon Mobil to preserve all alias email accounts of company executives.
Massachusetts and New York are investigating whether Exxon misled investors and the public about the risks climate change posed for the oil and gas company.
Monday’s letter comes after it was disclosed former Exxon CEO Rex Tillerson, the current U.S. Secretary of State, used an alias email account.
Healey’s office said in the letter: “Alias email addresses of Exxon executives and documents associated with them must be preserved.”
Most Read Stories
- Road rage in Kent: Subaru strikes Jeep three times
- Did you get the letter? WSU sends warning to 1 million people after hard drive with personal info is stolen
- UW professor got it right on Trump. So why is he being ignored? | Danny Westneat
- The Amazon effect: Metro adds buses to handle new flock of summer interns
- Social-media speculation after Charleena Lyles shooting — and one thing people got wrong
Exxon said in a court filing there was nothing wrong with Tillerson having two email accounts.
Tillerson’s alias email account was disclosed by Democratic New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman. A Schneiderman aide said he’s looking forward to addressing the issue in court.