BOSTON (AP) — Democratic Massachusetts Attorney General Maura Healey is asking Exxon Mobil to preserve all alias email accounts of company executives.
Massachusetts and New York are investigating whether Exxon misled investors and the public about the risks climate change posed for the oil and gas company.
Monday’s letter comes after it was disclosed former Exxon CEO Rex Tillerson, the current U.S. Secretary of State, used an alias email account.
Healey’s office said in the letter: “Alias email addresses of Exxon executives and documents associated with them must be preserved.”
Most Read Stories
- 'It's bigger than sports:' Why the Seahawks decided to stay in the locker room during Sunday's anthem WATCH
- A daring betrayal helped wipe out Cali cocaine cartel
- Huskies get first test of season out of the way and they aced it with win at Colorado | Larry Stone
- No more flying with reindeer: Unique Alaska planes to retire VIEW
- Analysis: Three things we learned from the Seahawks' 33-27 loss to the Tennessee Titans
Exxon said in a court filing there was nothing wrong with Tillerson having two email accounts.
Tillerson’s alias email account was disclosed by Democratic New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman. A Schneiderman aide said he’s looking forward to addressing the issue in court.