ANNAPOLIS, Md. (AP) — Marriott International Inc. is planning a new $600 million headquarters in Maryland.
Marriott announced Tuesday that the new complex in Bethesda, a few miles from its current home, will have 700,000 square feet of office space for more than 3,500 employees. A Marriott-branded hotel will be built on the site with more than 200 rooms.
Marriott President and CEO Arne Sorenson says Marriott has been headquartered in Montgomery County, Maryland, for more than 60 years, and intends to stay close to its roots. The company reviewed options in Washington, D.C., as well as Virginia’s Arlington and Fairfax counties.
Marriott is considering several downtown Bethesda sites and expects to choose a final site in the first half of next year.
Most Read Stories
- This video of Marshawn Lynch narrating the 'Planet Earth II' iguana chase wins the internet
- Seattle's newest apartments: 'prison cell' with no door for toilet
- Watch: Boat called ‘Nap Tyme’ collides with Washington State Ferry near Vashon Island
- Boeing blindsided as Trump slams Air Force One costs
- Former Seahawk Ricardo Lockette stirs anger at Garfield High assembly: ‘Men take the lead’
Marriott International has more than 5,700 properties in more than 110 countries.