ANNAPOLIS, Md. (AP) — Marriott International Inc. is planning a new $600 million headquarters in Maryland.
Marriott announced Tuesday that the new complex in Bethesda, a few miles from its current home, will have 700,000 square feet of office space for more than 3,500 employees. A Marriott-branded hotel will be built on the site with more than 200 rooms.
Marriott President and CEO Arne Sorenson says Marriott has been headquartered in Montgomery County, Maryland, for more than 60 years, and intends to stay close to its roots. The company reviewed options in Washington, D.C., as well as Virginia’s Arlington and Fairfax counties.
Marriott is considering several downtown Bethesda sites and expects to choose a final site in the first half of next year.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle skyline is tops in construction cranes — more than any other U.S. city
- 2,000 Seattle teachers wear ‘Black Lives Matter’ shirts to class VIEW
- Petition seeks recall of Wonder Woman as U.N. ambassador
- Major U.S. websites disrupted by cyberattacks
- Clinton camp preparing for possibility Trump won't concede WATCH
Marriott International has more than 5,700 properties in more than 110 countries.