ANNAPOLIS, Md. (AP) — Marriott International Inc. is planning a new $600 million headquarters in Maryland.
Marriott announced Tuesday that the new complex in Bethesda, a few miles from its current home, will have 700,000 square feet of office space for more than 3,500 employees. A Marriott-branded hotel will be built on the site with more than 200 rooms.
Marriott President and CEO Arne Sorenson says Marriott has been headquartered in Montgomery County, Maryland, for more than 60 years, and intends to stay close to its roots. The company reviewed options in Washington, D.C., as well as Virginia’s Arlington and Fairfax counties.
Marriott is considering several downtown Bethesda sites and expects to choose a final site in the first half of next year.
Most Read Stories
- Friends honor artist’s last wishes with water ballet in a Seattle kiddie pool WATCH
- Conspiracy monger Alex Jones roams Seattle streets, gets coffee dumped on him
- Experts answer your burning questions about the 2017 solar eclipse
- Seattle Mayor Ed Murray calls for removal of Confederate monument, Lenin statue
- Eclipse traffic already heavy in central Oregon
Marriott International has more than 5,700 properties in more than 110 countries.