NEW YORK (AP) — Print and online magazines are now eligible for Pulitzer Prizes in all journalism categories.
The Pulitzer Prize Board announced Wednesday that entries of work done in 2016 will be accepted beginning in December for the 2017 prizes.
The board says it made its decision after two years of experimentation.
New entry guidelines are posted at Pulitzer.org .
Most Read Stories
- Elizabeth Warren: ‘The next step is single-payer’ health care
- Seattle No. 1 in home-price growth again; starter homes require half of income
- Zillow vs. McMansion Hell: Seattle company not backing off fight with blog despite PR fiasco
- Washington lawmakers reach tentative state budget deal, but no details made public
- Ohio woman set on fire by ex-boyfriend in 2015 dies
The Pulitzers are considered one of American journalism’s most prestigious awards. They recognize various categories of reporting, photography and opinion writing, as well as editorial cartooning.
The prizes also honor drama, music and fiction and nonfiction books.
The Pulitzers are administered by Columbia University. The 2016 Pulitzers marked the centennial of the awards being handed out.