NEW YORK (AP) — Print and online magazines are now eligible for Pulitzer Prizes in all journalism categories.
The Pulitzer Prize Board announced Wednesday that entries of work done in 2016 will be accepted beginning in December for the 2017 prizes.
The board says it made its decision after two years of experimentation.
New entry guidelines are posted at Pulitzer.org .
Most Read Stories
- 2,000 Seattle teachers wear ‘Black Lives Matter’ shirts to class VIEW
- The great debate: Did Trump say ‘bigly’ or ‘big league’? (Poll) WATCH
- Petition seeks recall of Wonder Woman as U.N. ambassador
- Seahawks Richard Sherman thinks NFL intentionally edited highlight video of Atlanta's final play WATCH
- Port Angeles woman accused of sexual contact with boy, dog
The Pulitzers are considered one of American journalism’s most prestigious awards. They recognize various categories of reporting, photography and opinion writing, as well as editorial cartooning.
The prizes also honor drama, music and fiction and nonfiction books.
The Pulitzers are administered by Columbia University. The 2016 Pulitzers marked the centennial of the awards being handed out.