NEW YORK (AP) — Print and online magazines are now eligible for Pulitzer Prizes in all journalism categories.
The Pulitzer Prize Board announced Wednesday that entries of work done in 2016 will be accepted beginning in December for the 2017 prizes.
The board says it made its decision after two years of experimentation.
New entry guidelines are posted at Pulitzer.org .
Most Read Stories
- Wave goodbye: Live Seafair hydroplane-race TV coverage sputters out after 66 years VIEW
- Judge: Married Lake Stevens cop’s misconduct didn’t violate girlfriend’s civil rights
- Cameron Dollar rejoins Washington on Mike Hopkins' staff
- Rachel Dolezal struggling after racial-identity scandal in Spokane
- Huskies fall to Mississippi State as Kelsey Plum’s record-setting career ends
The Pulitzers are considered one of American journalism’s most prestigious awards. They recognize various categories of reporting, photography and opinion writing, as well as editorial cartooning.
The prizes also honor drama, music and fiction and nonfiction books.
The Pulitzers are administered by Columbia University. The 2016 Pulitzers marked the centennial of the awards being handed out.