Macy's Inc. has elected its chief merchandising officer as president of the company.
Macy’s Inc. has elected its chief merchandising officer as president of the company.
The department store operator said Monday that Jeffrey Gennette will take over in his new role immediately. The 52-year-old executive has been Macy’s chief merchandising officer since 2009 and held several leadership positions prior to that.
Terry Lundgren, Macy’s chairman and CEO, previously handled the duties of president as well.
Gennette will continue to oversee merchandising and add oversight of the company’s marketing and online business as part of his new position.
- As USS Ranger departs, Navy's cost dilemma takes off
- Seahawks courting a pair of cornerbacks as free agency looms
- UW tops new list of best western universities
- Seattle's micro-housing boom offers an affordable alternative
- Live updates from the state boys basketball tournament
Most Read Stories
Macy’s, which has corporate offices in Cincinnati and New York, operates Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s stores across the country.
Shares of the company increased 37 cents to $59.29 by late afternoon Monday, in line with broader market gains.