Macy's Inc. has elected its chief merchandising officer as president of the company.
Macy’s Inc. has elected its chief merchandising officer as president of the company.
The department store operator said Monday that Jeffrey Gennette will take over in his new role immediately. The 52-year-old executive has been Macy’s chief merchandising officer since 2009 and held several leadership positions prior to that.
Terry Lundgren, Macy’s chairman and CEO, previously handled the duties of president as well.
Gennette will continue to oversee merchandising and add oversight of the company’s marketing and online business as part of his new position.
- Mariners prospect hit by boat dies at age 20
- A mom's tweet about Oreos in school stirs up culture wars
- Costco will buy most farmed salmon from Norway, not Chile
- Let's cut traffic by road rationing, Italian style
- Low wages for aerospace workers despite tax breaks for employers
Most Read Stories
Macy’s, which has corporate offices in Cincinnati and New York, operates Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s stores across the country.
Shares of the company increased 37 cents to $59.29 by late afternoon Monday, in line with broader market gains.