Macy's Inc. has elected its chief merchandising officer as president of the company.
Macy’s Inc. has elected its chief merchandising officer as president of the company.
The department store operator said Monday that Jeffrey Gennette will take over in his new role immediately. The 52-year-old executive has been Macy’s chief merchandising officer since 2009 and held several leadership positions prior to that.
Terry Lundgren, Macy’s chairman and CEO, previously handled the duties of president as well.
Gennette will continue to oversee merchandising and add oversight of the company’s marketing and online business as part of his new position.
- Seahawks agree to contract extension with quarterback Russell Wilson
- Dustin Ackley trade symbolizes continuing dark days of Mariners
- Surviving Seattle’s sidewalks: Pedestrian rage rises as the population grows
- Mariners trade Mark Lowe to the Blue Jays for three minor leaguers
- Seahawks linebacker Bobby Wagner on contract talks: 'Now. That's my deadline'
Most Read Stories
Macy’s, which has corporate offices in Cincinnati and New York, operates Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s stores across the country.
Shares of the company increased 37 cents to $59.29 by late afternoon Monday, in line with broader market gains.