BERLIN (AP) — German carrier Lufthansa is the latest airline to impose a total ban on passengers taking the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 smartphone on any of its flights.
The airline had previously banned the phone from flights in the United States and told passengers on other flights to keep the device switched off and unplugged.
On Tuesday, Lufthansa said on its Twitter account: “As per an official directive, Samsung Note 7 smartphones are not permitted on any of our flights. Please leave them at home!”
Samsung has recalled more than 2.5 million of the phones after faulty batteries reportedly caused the device to catch fire.
Most Read Stories
- Woman fatally shot by deputies on Muckleshoot tribal land was pregnant
- What the national media are saying about the Seahawks' 'incompetent debacle' of a tie with the Cardinals
- What’s up with these creepy clowns?
- Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu: Seahawks' offensive line 'is not that good'
- UW plans to expand upward in big growth spurt