Washington state and local jobless figures for August are released. In July, the state's unemployment rate hit 5.3 percent, the highest since November.
Sept. 10 — 16
• Flow International holds its annual shareholders meeting in Chicago.
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Reed brother led detectives to bodies believed to be Arlington couple
- Your vote counts so little in today’s primary election, John Oliver joked about it on ‘Last Week Tonight’
- Ivar’s looks to sell, lease back two venerable restaurant sites
- Trump, Clinton win Washington state primary
Most Read Stories
• Local home-sales numbers for August are reported by the Northwest Multiple Listing Service.
• Washington state and local jobless figures for August are released. In July, the state’s unemployment rate hit 5.3 percent, the highest since November. But the Seattle-area rate was 4.2 percent, down from 4.3 percent the month before.
• Apple Computer is expected to unveil a movie-download service in tandem with an updated iPod music and video player that features a wider viewing screen.
• Boeing will release its World Air Cargo Forecast at a 1 p.m. (Seattle time) media briefing at The International Air Cargo Forum & Exposition in Calgary, Alberta. The forecast will be available at www.boeing.com/commercial/cargo immediately after the briefing.
• Ford Motor, soon to be led by Boeing’s Alan Mulally, holds a board meeting to discuss plant closures, employee buyouts and other moves to speed up its restructuring plan.
Sept. 17 — 23
• ZymoGenetics presents detailed results from its Phase III trial of Thrombin at the Society for the Advancement of Blood Management meeting in Jersey City, N.J.
• The Canada-U.S. softwood lumber deal will be put to a vote by Canadian legislators shortly after Parliament reopens on Sept. 18.
• Microvision holds its annual shareholders meeting at 9 a.m. at the Meydenbauer Center in Bellevue.
• Nike reports first-quarter financial results at about 1:15 p.m. A 2 p.m. conference call will be Webcast via www.NikeBiz.com/invest.