Washington state and local jobless figures for August are released. In July, the state's unemployment rate hit 5.3 percent, the highest since November.
Sept. 10 — 16
• Flow International holds its annual shareholders meeting in Chicago.
- Turkey’s president, Putin hurl insults after plane downed
- Teen, one of 14 siblings, finally gets to be a kid
- Seattle sushi fans, rejoice: Shiro's new place is open
- 2015 Apple Cup might be the start of something big for UW, WSU
- UW fires women’s crew coach Bob Ernst
Most Read Stories
• Local home-sales numbers for August are reported by the Northwest Multiple Listing Service.
• Washington state and local jobless figures for August are released. In July, the state’s unemployment rate hit 5.3 percent, the highest since November. But the Seattle-area rate was 4.2 percent, down from 4.3 percent the month before.
• Apple Computer is expected to unveil a movie-download service in tandem with an updated iPod music and video player that features a wider viewing screen.
• Boeing will release its World Air Cargo Forecast at a 1 p.m. (Seattle time) media briefing at The International Air Cargo Forum & Exposition in Calgary, Alberta. The forecast will be available at www.boeing.com/commercial/cargo immediately after the briefing.
• Ford Motor, soon to be led by Boeing’s Alan Mulally, holds a board meeting to discuss plant closures, employee buyouts and other moves to speed up its restructuring plan.
Sept. 17 — 23
• ZymoGenetics presents detailed results from its Phase III trial of Thrombin at the Society for the Advancement of Blood Management meeting in Jersey City, N.J.
• The Canada-U.S. softwood lumber deal will be put to a vote by Canadian legislators shortly after Parliament reopens on Sept. 18.
• Microvision holds its annual shareholders meeting at 9 a.m. at the Meydenbauer Center in Bellevue.
• Nike reports first-quarter financial results at about 1:15 p.m. A 2 p.m. conference call will be Webcast via www.NikeBiz.com/invest.