Jan. 2 — 8 Monday • Stock and bond markets are closed in observance of New Year's Day. Tuesday • The Institute for Supply...
Jan. 2 — 8
• Stock and bond markets are closed in observance of New Year’s Day.
- Residents return to ‘war zone’ in wake of Wenatchee wildfire
- How ISIS methodically groomed a lonely young Wash. state woman
- Lake City residents fight to regain use of now-private beach
- Despite struggles on and off field, ex-Skyline star QB Jake Heaps still chasing his dream
- Woman knocked unconscious by falling drone during Seattle's Pride parade
Most Read Stories
• The Institute for Supply Management releases its closely watched manufacturing index for December. Analysts expect improvement for the second straight month.
• The Commerce Department reports on construction spending for November.
• The Federal Reserve releases minutes from its December interest-rate meeting.
• The Commerce Department releases figures on factory orders for November.
• Automakers report on vehicle sales for December.
• Major retailers, including Nordstrom and Costco, release their December sales stats, showing how well their holiday sales went.
• The Institute for Supply Management releases its nonmanufacturing index for December. The index, which reflects the nation’s service sector, slipped in November, but analysts will be watching the employment subindex for signs of growth.
• The Labor Department releases U.S. employment data for December. Look for an uptick in the unemployment rate despite an increase in nonfarm payrolls.