Jan. 2 — 8 Monday • Stock and bond markets are closed in observance of New Year's Day. Tuesday • The Institute for Supply...
Jan. 2 — 8
• Stock and bond markets are closed in observance of New Year’s Day.
- Amazon rolls out free same-day delivery for Prime members
- They were millionaires for 3 months, but Seattle couple didn't know it
- Marymoor Park concerts: Full lineup announced
- Capitol Hill light-rail station nearly ready for trains to rumble
- Nelson Cruz's home run in ninth inning lifts Mariners to sweep of Rays
Most Read Stories
• The Institute for Supply Management releases its closely watched manufacturing index for December. Analysts expect improvement for the second straight month.
• The Commerce Department reports on construction spending for November.
• The Federal Reserve releases minutes from its December interest-rate meeting.
• The Commerce Department releases figures on factory orders for November.
• Automakers report on vehicle sales for December.
• Major retailers, including Nordstrom and Costco, release their December sales stats, showing how well their holiday sales went.
• The Institute for Supply Management releases its nonmanufacturing index for December. The index, which reflects the nation’s service sector, slipped in November, but analysts will be watching the employment subindex for signs of growth.
• The Labor Department releases U.S. employment data for December. Look for an uptick in the unemployment rate despite an increase in nonfarm payrolls.