A group of journalists who worked at the Seattle Post-Intelligencer have launched a Web site focused on investigative journalism. Called InvestigateWest, the site...
A group of journalists who worked at the Seattle Post-Intelligencer have launched a Web site focused on investigative journalism.
Called InvestigateWest, the site (invw.org) is set up as a nonprofit organization that aims to do investigative and narrative reporting of issues in the Western U.S. and Canada. It’s hoping that its work is picked up by other media outlets.
“It’s a time of great challenge in the news industry,” said Rita Hibbard, executive director and editor of InvestigateWest. “But it’s also a time to be creative and try new approaches.”
Hibbard, a former P-I staffer before the newspaper shut down print operations in March, pointed to recent closures of four papers in the West: in Seattle, Denver, Tucson and Albuquerque.
- Warren Moon on Marshawn Lynch: "He just doesn't trust a lot of people''
- Every street can't handle every use, mayor says
- Confidence is key for 24-year-old lawmaker
- After ditching Amex, Costco embraces Citi, Visa
- UW great Christian Welp died at vacation home near Hood Canal, friend says
Most Read Stories
InvestigateWest has received a grant from the Fund for Investigative Journalism and in-kind help from other organizations, as well as donations from individuals.