They went up a nickel in 2006, then 9 cents in 2007.
Now Starbucks is raising prices on some large and involved drinks like Frappuccinos by as much as 30 cents. Some, for example on 12-ounce lattes and brewed coffees, will fall by 5 to 10 cents.
Some people don’t like it, especially during a recession. Others say it makes business sense to raise prices on drinks that take longer to make, especially when Starbucks’ sales are faltering.
What do you think?
- Black Lives Matter protesters march, have sit-ins in Seattle
- Game thread: Huskies dominate Cougars in Apple Cup
- For UW, an Apple Cup victory that doubled as a breakthrough
- Swarming defense, Myles Gaskin helps UW rout WSU in Apple Cup
- Teardown town: 1,500 small houses replaced by giants since 2012