They went up a nickel in 2006, then 9 cents in 2007.
Now Starbucks is raising prices on some large and involved drinks like Frappuccinos by as much as 30 cents. Some, for example on 12-ounce lattes and brewed coffees, will fall by 5 to 10 cents.
Some people don’t like it, especially during a recession. Others say it makes business sense to raise prices on drinks that take longer to make, especially when Starbucks’ sales are faltering.
What do you think?
- With death on table, McEnroe jury's friendships crumbled
- To retire at 55 takes big savings
- Microsoft employees -- past and present -- look back over the years
- Salary cap expert Joel Corry with another look at Russell Wilson's contract
- No time to eat in Silicon Valley, so techies chug their protein