Ever spend lunchtime attached to your desk, gazing out at the rain and wishing you had a grilled sandwich, a cup of coffee and a good book to read?
Inner Chapters Bookstore & Cafe hears you, and on Thursday will begin delivering food, coffee and books in South Lake Union weekdays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Delivery is free with a $9 minimum order, according to cafe manager Kelli Kirtley (pictured). The number is 206-262-9297.
Coffee is from Stumptown, loose leaf tea is from the Perennial Tea Room, and chai (sweet, spicy and rooibos) is from DragonFly Chai of Portland.
The food is mostly from Domovoi Happy Foods, baker of a rockin’ frosted brownie by former Victrola Coffee barista Curt Waller ($3). There a lots of sandwiches, including ham and provolone, turkey and swiss, hummus and roasted veggies (each $6.75), a couple salads including hearty greens and grains ($6.75), a couple wraps including smoked salmon ($6.75) and breakfast sandwiches ($3.50).
- 14 million spilled bees on I-5: 'Everybody's been stung'
- Man's journey to find birth mom ends — at work
- Costco said to get sweet deal from credit-card companies
- Mariners lose fourth straight game
- On tour of UW station, Inslee backs $15 billion tax plan for more light rail
Most Read Stories
And the books, new and used, are chosen and/or special ordered by bookstore owner Kristina Barnes.