Layoffs were under way Thursday at T-Mobile USA headquarters in Factoria, according to several people who said they lost their jobs, but the company declined to provide any comment on the situation for the second day in a row.
Details on the number of people affected were not available.
The cuts come as the company moves toward a merger with Dallas-based MetroPCS. T-Mobile, a unit of German telecommunications giant Deutsche Telekom, has about 4,800 employees in the Northwest and 36,000 nationally.
T-Mobile had not notified the state Employment Security department of a widespread layoff, but notification may not be required unless at least 500 employees are affected.
- Black Lives Matter protesters march, conduct sit-ins in downtown Seattle
- Apple Cup Game Center: UW Huskies dominate No. 20 Cougars, shut down WSU's offense in Seattle
- Swarming defense, Myles Gaskin help UW Huskies rout WSU Cougars in Apple Cup
- With Luke Falk out, Peyton Bender will start at quarterback for WSU Cougars vs UW Huskies in Apple Cup
- Teardown town: 1,500 small houses replaced by giants since 2012