Layoffs were under way Thursday at T-Mobile USA headquarters in Factoria, according to several people who said they lost their jobs, but the company declined to provide any comment on the situation for the second day in a row.
Details on the number of people affected were not available.
The cuts come as the company moves toward a merger with Dallas-based MetroPCS. T-Mobile, a unit of German telecommunications giant Deutsche Telekom, has about 4,800 employees in the Northwest and 36,000 nationally.
T-Mobile had not notified the state Employment Security department of a widespread layoff, but notification may not be required unless at least 500 employees are affected.
- Teen, one of 14 siblings, finally gets to be a kid
- Report: Seahawks’ Marshawn Lynch has surgery Wednesday, could be back by late December
- Students say WWU’s response to racist threats not enough
- Seattle sushi fans, rejoice: Shiro's new place is open
- UW fires women’s crew coach Bob Ernst