TALLINN, Estonia (AP) — A Finnish dairy company has released a commercial featuring Motorhead frontman Ian “Lemmy” Kilmister that was filmed just weeks before his death in December.
The 40-second spot published Friday on YouTube by Valio is a remake of a 1990s milk ad that is well known in Finland.
The new version shows Kilmister exiting a gas station, turning to the camera and saying, “I don’t drink milk, and never will,” followed by an expletive.
It was filmed in Helsinki in early December just hours ahead of a Motorhead concert in the Finnish capital. Kilmister died of cancer on Dec. 28 in Los Angeles.
Most Read Stories
- Road rage in Kent: Subaru strikes Jeep three times
- Did you get the letter? WSU sends warning to 1 million people after hard drive with personal info is stolen
- UW professor got it right on Trump. So why is he being ignored? | Danny Westneat
- The Amazon effect: Metro adds buses to handle new flock of summer interns
- Social-media speculation after Charleena Lyles shooting — and one thing people got wrong
Valio changed the spot to make it a tribute to Kilmister, calling the heavy metal singer and bassist “a lovely, exceptional man.”
Valio said Kilmister’s managers approved it.