TALLINN, Estonia (AP) — A Finnish dairy company has released a commercial featuring Motorhead frontman Ian “Lemmy” Kilmister that was filmed just weeks before his death in December.
The 40-second spot published Friday on YouTube by Valio is a remake of a 1990s milk ad that is well known in Finland.
The new version shows Kilmister exiting a gas station, turning to the camera and saying, “I don’t drink milk, and never will,” followed by an expletive.
It was filmed in Helsinki in early December just hours ahead of a Motorhead concert in the Finnish capital. Kilmister died of cancer on Dec. 28 in Los Angeles.
Most Read Stories
- Police think there might be more to road-rage killing of young dad in Federal Way
- DEA moves to ban kratom, frustrating both scientists and users
- Suspect tried to buy handgun at store just before mall shooting, owner says
- ‘Plan ahead, be ready’: Friday’s UW-Stanford rush-hour kickoff to be traffic challenge
- Is Port Angeles ready to realize its potential? | PNW Magazine VIEW
Valio changed the spot to make it a tribute to Kilmister, calling the heavy metal singer and bassist “a lovely, exceptional man.”
Valio said Kilmister’s managers approved it.