TALLINN, Estonia (AP) — A Finnish dairy company has released a commercial featuring Motorhead frontman Ian “Lemmy” Kilmister that was filmed just weeks before his death in December.
The 40-second spot published Friday on YouTube by Valio is a remake of a 1990s milk ad that is well known in Finland.
The new version shows Kilmister exiting a gas station, turning to the camera and saying, “I don’t drink milk, and never will,” followed by an expletive.
It was filmed in Helsinki in early December just hours ahead of a Motorhead concert in the Finnish capital. Kilmister died of cancer on Dec. 28 in Los Angeles.
Most Read Stories
- What you need to know about Inauguration Day protests, events in Seattle
- Christopher Monfort, killer of Seattle police officer, found dead in prison cell
- 50,000 expected to attend Seattle women’s march day after Trump inauguration WATCH
- Breitbart editor Milo Yiannopoulos sold out for UW speech; WSU event canceled due to weather
- Why are home prices so high? Seattle has 2nd-lowest rate of homes for sale in U.S.
Valio changed the spot to make it a tribute to Kilmister, calling the heavy metal singer and bassist “a lovely, exceptional man.”
Valio said Kilmister’s managers approved it.