The "National Do Not Call Registry" made a lot of headlines when it was created in 2003, but many consumers never signed up or didn't understand the rules of what calls are covered...
The “National Do Not Call Registry” made a lot of headlines when it was created in 2003, but many consumers never signed up or didn’t understand the rules of what calls are covered and which ones are exempt from the rules.
Adding your phone number to the list is simple: Go to www.donotcall.gov and handle it online it takes just a few seconds to file, plus a moment’s worth of verification to officially be added to the list or call 888-382-1222 from the number you want to put on the list.
Most Read Stories
- Slain Tacoma police officer sacrificed himself to save partner, shooter’s wife, witness says VIEW
- Snow is on way to Western Washington lowlands, weather service says
- Why longtime Washingtonians are leaving the Seattle area
- 3 new homeless-encampment sites announced by Seattle Mayor Ed Murray
- Washington state electors join movement seeking to deny Trump the presidency
Registered numbers stay on the list for five years.
Consumers who are on the list but want to file a complaint against a telemarketer can handle that at the www.donotcall.gov site too.
Syndicated columnist Chuck Jaffe produces Financial Housekeeping.