The "National Do Not Call Registry" made a lot of headlines when it was created in 2003, but many consumers never signed up or didn't understand the rules of what calls are covered...
The “National Do Not Call Registry” made a lot of headlines when it was created in 2003, but many consumers never signed up or didn’t understand the rules of what calls are covered and which ones are exempt from the rules.
Adding your phone number to the list is simple: Go to www.donotcall.gov and handle it online it takes just a few seconds to file, plus a moment’s worth of verification to officially be added to the list or call 888-382-1222 from the number you want to put on the list.
Most Read Stories
- What drivers can and cannot do under Washington state's new distracted-driving law
- Federal judge: ‘The citizens of Seattle are not going to pay blackmail for constitutional policing’
- Storm star Sue Bird says she's gay and opens up about dating Megan Rapinoe WATCH
- '450 square feet of fear': Renter dreads rising cost for Fremont studio apartment | Seattle Sketcher
- Man shot at Seattle's Golden Gardens Park amid apparent gunfight
Registered numbers stay on the list for five years.
Consumers who are on the list but want to file a complaint against a telemarketer can handle that at the www.donotcall.gov site too.
Syndicated columnist Chuck Jaffe produces Financial Housekeeping.