Worker retraining Local community colleges offer free weekly sessions to help the unemployed, formerly self-employed and displaced homemakers...
Local community colleges offer free weekly sessions to help the unemployed, formerly self-employed and displaced homemakers. They can receive free books and tuition for retraining.
The locations and times:
South Seattle Community College: 1 p.m. Thursdays, Room 81, Robert Smith Building, 6000 16th Ave. S.W. Information: 206-764-5835.
Most Read Stories
- Submarines dismantled in Puget Sound are symbols of nation’s defense dilemma | Jon Talton
- Democrats are supposed to be fighting back, but they just keep losing | Danny Westneat
- Seattle Zestimates are off by $40,000; now hundreds of data crunchers vie to improve Zillow’s model
- Spike Lee posts, then deletes photo thanking Seahawks' Pete Carroll for signing Colin Kaepernick
- Portland mayor: ‘Heroes’ died protecting women on train from anti-Muslim rant VIEW
North Seattle Community College: 2:30 p.m. Tuesdays, Room 3449, College Center Building, 9600 College Way N. Information: 206-527-3787.
Seattle Central Community College: 2 p.m. Thursdays, Room 4180, main campus, 1701 Broadway. Information: 206-587-6310.
Cascadia Community College: 1 p.m. Wednesdays, Room 130, Cascadia Building, 18345 Campus Way N.E., Bothell. Information: 425-352-8132 or www.cascadia.ctc.edu/wrp.
Shoreline Community College: 2-3 p.m. Wednesdays, Room 2925, 16101 Greenwood Ave. N. Information: 206-546-5882 or www.shoreline.edu.
Lake Washington Technical College: 1 p.m. Tuesdays, Room W-206, West Building, 11605 132nd Ave. N.E., Kirkland. Information: 425-739-8206 or www.lwtc.ctc.edu/workerretraining.
Support group: The Overlake Christian Church Job Support Program meets at 7 p.m. Thursdays at Westminster Chapel, 13646 N.E. 24th St., Bellevue. It offers assistance with basic job-hunting skills. Information: 425-562-8028.
Employment-networking group: 10 a.m.-noon Fridays, North Creek Presbyterian Church, 621 164th St. S.E., Mill Creek. Topics include résumés, interviewing and following up. Informa-
tion: 425-743-2386 or www.northcreekpres.org.
Send items at least two weeks in advance to Gary Dougherty by e-mail, email@example.com; fax, 206-382-8879; or mail, The Seattle Times, P.O. Box 70, Seattle, WA 98111.