Worker retraining Local community colleges offer free weekly sessions to help the unemployed, formerly self-employed and displaced homemakers...
Local community colleges offer free weekly sessions to help the unemployed, formerly self-employed and displaced homemakers. They can receive free books and tuition for retraining.
The locations and times:
South Seattle Community College: 1 p.m. Thursdays, Room 81, Robert Smith Building, 6000 16th Ave. S.W. Information: 206-764-5835.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle once again nation’s fastest-growing big city; population exceeds 700,000 | FYI Guy
- What drivers can and cannot do under Washington state's new distracted-driving law
- Cause of death of Seahawk Hall of Famer Cortez Kennedy remains unclear as family, friends struggle with his passing
- Four months in, ‘Seattle’s only Trump voter’ has his doubts | Danny Westneat
- Officer hailed for taking down cop killer costs Seattle $165,000 in civil-rights claims
North Seattle Community College: 2:30 p.m. Tuesdays, Room 3449, College Center Building, 9600 College Way N. Information: 206-527-3787.
Seattle Central Community College: 2 p.m. Thursdays, Room 4180, main campus, 1701 Broadway. Information: 206-587-6310.
Cascadia Community College (Bothell): 1 p.m. Wednesdays, Room 130, Cascadia Building, 18345 Campus Way N.E. Information: 425-352-8132 or www.cascadia.ctc.edu/wrp
Shoreline Community College: 2 to 3 p.m. Wednesdays, Room 2925, 16101 Greenwood Ave. N. Information: 206-546-5882 or www.shoreline.edu
Lake Washington Technical College: 1 p.m. Tuesdays, Room W-206, West Building, 11605 132nd Ave. N.E., Kirkland. Information: 425-739-8206 or www.lwtc.ctc.edu/workerretraining.
Support group: The Overlake Christian Church Job Support Program meets at 7 p.m. Thursdays, Westminster Chapel, 13646 N.E. 24th St., Bellevue. Assistance with basic job-hunting skills. 425-562-8028.
Employment-networking group: 10 a.m.-noon Fridays, North Creek Presbyterian Church, 621 164th St. S.E., Mill Creek. Topics include résumés, interviewing and following up. 425-743-2386 or www.northcreekpres.org.
Send items at least two weeks in advance to Gary Dougherty by e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org; fax, 206-382-8879; or mail, The Seattle Times, P.O. Box 70, Seattle, WA 98111.