Jim Gaherity was named president of Coinstar, a money-services company based in Bellevue and a unit of Outerwall.
Gaherity joined the company in 2004 as the director of operations for Coinstar and was steadily promoted over the years to senior vice president overseeing Coinstar worldwide operations and certain new venture businesses.
Allison Bren Ferris was named head of Special Needs Trust Services at Wells Fargo Private Bank, Seattle.
Mike Luitgaarden joined International Business Associates in Bellevue as a mergers and acquisitions broker in its industrial division.
- For UW, an Apple Cup victory that doubled as a breakthrough
- Bill Gates to commit billions for clean energy
- The story of one homeless girl, Brittany, who was failed time and again
- Black Friday protesters decry materialism, racism, violence
- Holiday and Independence Bowls are potential destinations for UW and WSU
Most Read Stories
Commercial real estate:
Will Carroll joined Cushman & Wakefield | Commerce in Seattle as an associate.
Denise Nelson was promoted to the practice director of Seattle at Point B.
Samuel Webb joined Seed IP Law Group in Seattle as a partner.
Garrett Bradham was named vice president global markets at Red Arrow Logistics, Issaquah.
John Domeika was named executive vice president of business development and Brian Zehetner director of business development at EveryMove, Seattle.
To be included in the On the Move column, email email@example.com; send the information by fax, 206-382-8879; or mail, The Seattle Times, P.O. Box 70, Seattle, WA 98111.