Ivanka Trump is facing online criticism after the Twitter account for her lifestyle brand tweeted about making champagne ice pops for Memorial Day.
The IvankaTrumpHQ account tweeted Saturday : “Make champagne popsicles this #MemorialDay.” The tweet included a link to a roundup of ideas of things to do on the holiday weekend. In addition to a recipe for champagne frozen pops, the post included ideas for picnics and barbecue food for the holiday weekend known as the unofficial start of summer.
Some criticized the post as being insensitive to the true meaning of the holiday.
Trump, who serves as an official in her father’s administration, issued a solemn tweet on her personal account Monday, writing: “Today we honor the men & women in our armed forces who have lost their lives to protect our freedom. Thank you for your service.”
Most Read Stories
- Scientists say recent quake swarm at Rainier is not unusual
- FBI investigating off-duty work by Seattle police at construction sites, parking garages
- 'Polite Robber' suspect told similar sob story when arrested 8 years ago
- Swastika-wearing man punched on Seattle street, removes swastika, police say
- Is this Seattle bus stop the worst in America?