Ivanka Trump is facing online criticism after the Twitter account for her lifestyle brand tweeted about making champagne ice pops for Memorial Day.
The IvankaTrumpHQ account tweeted Saturday : “Make champagne popsicles this #MemorialDay.” The tweet included a link to a roundup of ideas of things to do on the holiday weekend. In addition to a recipe for champagne frozen pops, the post included ideas for picnics and barbecue food for the holiday weekend known as the unofficial start of summer.
Some criticized the post as being insensitive to the true meaning of the holiday.
Trump, who serves as an official in her father’s administration, issued a solemn tweet on her personal account Monday, writing: “Today we honor the men & women in our armed forces who have lost their lives to protect our freedom. Thank you for your service.”
Most Read Stories
- Storm star Sue Bird says she's dating the Reign's Megan Rapinoe and opens up about being gay WATCH
- Illicit skatepark on Green Lake’s Duck Island: Cops called on bowl built in bird habitat WATCH
- What drivers can and cannot do under Washington state's new distracted-driving law
- '450 square feet of fear': Renter dreads rising cost for Fremont studio apartment | Seattle Sketcher
- Put down that cellphone; distracted-driving law is here