OLYMPIA (AP) — Gov. Jay Inslee is canceling his participation in the Paris Air Show.
The governor said in a statement Thursday that he will remain in Washington state to work on budget negotiations. He said he was disappointed that he will not be able to join the delegation but said U.S. Rep. Rick Larsen has agreed to lead the effort.
Washington state’s delegation includes dozens of people representing areas such as the aerospace industry and economic development. The governor was set to leave Friday and meet with Boeing officials along with executives of more than two dozen companies.
Washington lawmakers have been stuck in budget negotiations for the last several weeks and face a June 30 deadline to complete the work.
- Seattle’s vanishing black community
- Boeing tankers will be delivered to Air Force late — and incomplete
- Bellevue School District seeks to fire football coach Goncharoff over scandal
- A six-pack of observations from Seahawks' OTAs: Justin Britt, Alex Collins, Tharold Simon and more
- Paul Allen ends KEXP’s yearslong fundraising drive with $500,000 donation