Icicle Seafoods, a major fishing and processing company based in Seattle, said Amy Humphreys has been named president and CEO.
Humphreys was a key executive at American Seafoods and at a unit of Saltchuk Resources, both in Seattle, before her most recent post as president of Delta Western, a petroleum marketing company in Alaska.
She succeeds Dennis Guhlke, who has resigned, said Icicle.
Icicle catches and processes wild salmon, crab, halibut and other seafood in Alaskan waters, and it farms salmon in the Pacific Northwest and Chile.
- Ivar's to raise restaurant workers' wages to $15 right away
- Opening day roster looks pretty clear after Sunday cuts
- WSU study: 'Exploding head syndrome' more common than once thought
- 3 places off the beaten track in Hawaii
- A mom's tweet about Oreos in school stirs up culture wars
Most Read Stories
Seafood Business magazine last year ranked it the 10th largest U.S. seafood company, based on 2011 sales of $475 million.