Relocation to a new city often involves cost-of-living considerations.
Therefore, when considering a job and scenery change, it’s not a bad idea to first check out how your current salary would fare in a different city.
A number of user-friendly cost-of-living calculators on the Web can help you figure out your salary needs in a new location.
Here are a few:
- Seattle’s vanishing black community
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Infections are the culprit in Alzheimer’s disease, Harvard study suggests
- Bellevue School District seeks to fire football coach Goncharoff over scandal
- 1,000 fraternity, sorority members trash Lake Shasta campsite
Most Read Stories
Best Places: A simple look at how your current salary measures up in a new town. bestplaces.net/col
Bankrate.com: Calculate relocation equivalents and expenses in dozens of categories, from home and rent price to different foods and services. bankrate.com/calculators/savings/moving-cost-of-living-calculator.aspx
CityRating.com: Calculates the cost of living in two different states based on your current income. cityrating.com/costofliving.asp
PayScale: Looks at cost-of-living calculations between U.S. cities with graphs that chart increases or reductions in specific services. payscale.com/cost-of-living-calculator
Salary.com: Explore cost-of-living differences based on old and new home and work locations, with brief analysis details about the move. http://swz.salary.com/CostOfLivingWizard/layoutscripts/coll_start.asp