You may have heard that the federal tax code allows for a mileage deduction when a car is used for business purposes.
But did you know that you can take mileage deductions for other forms of driving? Learn more at these websites.
Efile.com: Lists IRS standard mileage rates for recent years, including 2013. efile.com/tax-deduction/mileage-rates
Internal Revenue Service: Details standard mileage rate deductible for business-use vehicles. irs.gov/taxtopics/tc510.html
- Mount St. Helens, still steaming, holds the world’s newest glacier
- Seattle sets heat record for July 4
- Whitest big county in the U.S.? It’s us
- For escapee, prison now will mean 23 hours a day in a cell
- Sound Transit planning heats up for light-rail expansion and public vote
Most Read Stories
Nolo: Spotlights auto expenses deduction among key deductions, including rate changes for 2014. http://seati.ms/1hezfmL
Bankrate.com: Breaks down the 2013 and 2014 mileage rate deductions for vehicle uses. http://seati.ms/1gtcPe8