The parent of HomeStreet Bank has agreed to buy two bank branches in West Seattle and Bainbridge Island from AmericanWest Bank.
It’s the first branch acquisition by Seattle-based HomeStreet since it held a public stock offering nearly 18 months ago to strengthen its capital base.
The branches have a combined $36.5 million in deposits. Employees at both branches will be offered jobs with HomeStreet when the deal closes, which is expected within three months, the company said.
HomeStreet will then have 19 deposit-taking branches in the Puget Sound region .
- Fired reporter kills 2 former co-workers on live TV
- Tourists robbed, beaten downtown ‘afraid to go back’ to Seattle
- Hawaii sending wet weather this way that may stick around
- Animated map: How the wildfires in North Central Washington have grown over time
- Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor holdout FAQ