The parent of HomeStreet Bank has agreed to buy two bank branches in West Seattle and Bainbridge Island from AmericanWest Bank.
It’s the first branch acquisition by Seattle-based HomeStreet since it held a public stock offering nearly 18 months ago to strengthen its capital base.
The branches have a combined $36.5 million in deposits. Employees at both branches will be offered jobs with HomeStreet when the deal closes, which is expected within three months, the company said.
HomeStreet will then have 19 deposit-taking branches in the Puget Sound region .
- For UW, an Apple Cup victory that doubled as a breakthrough
- The story of one homeless girl, Brittany, who was failed time and again
- India draws tech dreamers back home
- Bill Gates to commit billions for clean energy
- Suspected burglar dies after getting stuck in chimney