The parent of HomeStreet Bank has agreed to buy two bank branches in West Seattle and Bainbridge Island from AmericanWest Bank.
It’s the first branch acquisition by Seattle-based HomeStreet since it held a public stock offering nearly 18 months ago to strengthen its capital base.
The branches have a combined $36.5 million in deposits. Employees at both branches will be offered jobs with HomeStreet when the deal closes, which is expected within three months, the company said.
HomeStreet will then have 19 deposit-taking branches in the Puget Sound region .
- Seattle fifth-graders will get their camp trip, but teachers refuse to go
- Washington state GOP convention backs Cruz over Trump
- Philippine president-elect blasts Catholic church, bishops
- Five things to watch as Seahawks begin OTAs Monday
- UW surgeon, Harborview sued: Fatal surgeries used unapproved bone cement