The parent of HomeStreet Bank has agreed to buy two bank branches in West Seattle and Bainbridge Island from AmericanWest Bank.
It’s the first branch acquisition by Seattle-based HomeStreet since it held a public stock offering nearly 18 months ago to strengthen its capital base.
The branches have a combined $36.5 million in deposits. Employees at both branches will be offered jobs with HomeStreet when the deal closes, which is expected within three months, the company said.
HomeStreet will then have 19 deposit-taking branches in the Puget Sound region .
- Live updates from May Day in Seattle: Anti-capitalist protesters clash with police
- Good news about coconut oil, melatonin and turmeric
- 9 arrested, 5 officers hurt as May Day anti-capitalist march turns violent
- Visitors trash Washington island, so officials shut it down for good
- Breaking down the Seahawks' reported undrafted free agents