NEW YORK (AP) — Stocks that moved substantially or traded heavily on Wednesday:
Hess Corp., up $6.91 to $55.96
The price of oil jumped as OPEC countries moved closer to a deal to cut production.
Goldman Sachs Group Inc., up $7.54 to $219.29
Most Read Stories
- Man shot at UW no racist, friends insist, despite shooter’s claim
- We need real solutions to vehicle campers | Editorial
- Crowd comparison: Inauguration Friday and women's march Saturday
- Man struck, killed by Link light-rail train in Rainier Valley
- Will Seahawks keep Luke Willson? That's among questions facing tight end position in offseason
Banks climbed as members of President-elect Donald Trump’s economic team talked about ways to make lending easier.
Duke Energy Corp., down $2.60 to $73.77
Bond yields rose and companies that pay large dividends similar to bonds, including REITs, traded lower.
Autodesk Inc., down $2.60 to $72.66
The design software company gave a weak revenue outlook for the current quarter.
Splunk Inc., up 24 cents to $57.62
The software company reported better third-quarter results than analysts had expected.
American Eagle Outfitters Inc., down $2.35 to $16.56
The teen clothing retailer forecast a disappointing profit in the current quarter, which includes the holiday shopping season.
Guidewire Software Inc., down $1.84 to $55.71
The provider of software to the insurance industry forecast weaker-than-expected profit and sales.
GoPro Inc., up 15 cents to $9.98
The company said holiday sales of its newest action video camera are strong, and said it will cut 200 jobs to reduce spending.