ATHENS, Greece (AP) — Greece’s privatization fund says China’s Cosco Group is the only bidder for a majority stake in the port of Piraeus, which is the debt-mired country’s biggest.
Cosco already has a concession to operate two of three container terminals at Piraeus, the port of Athens. The privatization fund said Tuesday it has asked the company to submit an improved offer, which is expected to be evaluated next week.
It did not disclose the value of the existing offer.
Greece is selling a 67 percent stake in the port as part of its ambitious but slow-moving privatization drive, which is a key precondition for continued disbursement of international rescue loans.
Most Read Stories
- Marshawn Lynch takes out a full-page ad in the Seattle Times to thank fans
- Starbucks' Dragon Frappuccino is new 'secret' drink craze
- First reaction: Seahawks select 6 players in second and third rounds of NFL Draft
- For Seahawks, life after Legion of Boom coming faster than we thought based on this NFL draft | Larry Stone
- 2017 NFL draft: Live Seahawks updates from the final day, rounds 4-7