SAN FRANCISCO — Google is opening showrooms in six cities across the nation, promoting its latest products and stepping up retail efforts against Apple and Microsoft as the year-end holiday shopping season gets under way.
Called Winter Wonderlabs, the outlets feature products such as Nexus 7 tablets, Chromebook computers and Chromecast video-streaming devices, the company said on a new website.
Consumers can order the gadgets online after looking at the wares.
Redmond-based Microsoft has opened almost 50 stores after Apple found success with its retail outlets, where customers can purchase iPhones, iPads and Macs and also learn more about using the devices.
- School board rebukes Bellevue football program; possible two-year ban for coach Butch Goncharoff
- The hidden homeless: families in the suburbs
- How the Seahawks got two first-round picks in the NFL draft
- Mayor, Chris Hansen denounce misogynistic comments over council arena vote
- This drone footage of inside Bertha’s tunnel is like something out of ‘Star Wars’
Most Read Stories
Google is putting the showrooms at or near New York, Washington, Chicago, Los Angeles, Sacramento, Calif., and Paramus, N.J.