SAN FRANCISCO — Google is opening showrooms in six cities across the nation, promoting its latest products and stepping up retail efforts against Apple and Microsoft as the year-end holiday shopping season gets under way.
Called Winter Wonderlabs, the outlets feature products such as Nexus 7 tablets, Chromebook computers and Chromecast video-streaming devices, the company said on a new website.
Consumers can order the gadgets online after looking at the wares.
Redmond-based Microsoft has opened almost 50 stores after Apple found success with its retail outlets, where customers can purchase iPhones, iPads and Macs and also learn more about using the devices.
- Evergreen senior’s death, other player injuries renew football-safety debate
- Our state’s greatest gift to the nation just got canceled
- Clay Matthews tells Colin Kaepernick: ‘You ain’t Russell Wilson, bro’
- Seahawks Game Center: Seattle holds off Detroit Lions for 'Monday Night Football' victory
- Reaction: National media reacts to controversial call on Kam Chancellor-forced fumble in Seahawks-Lions game
Most Read Stories
Google is putting the showrooms at or near New York, Washington, Chicago, Los Angeles, Sacramento, Calif., and Paramus, N.J.