Former U.S. Treasury Secretary Timothy F. Geithner's (GYT'-nurz) memoir has a title, "Stress Test," and a release date, May 13.
Former U.S. Treasury Secretary Timothy F. Geithner’s (GYT’-nurz) memoir has a title, “Stress Test,” and a release date, May 13.
Geithner signed with Crown Publishers last year for a book about his handling of the financial crisis while in the Obama administration and, before that, at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
The title was announced Tuesday by Crown. It refers to the reviews that financial institutions undergo to determine how they would cope with economic adversity.
The 52-year-old Geithner headed the Treasury throughout President Barack Obama’s first term and stepped down in early 2013. Next week, he will join the private equity firm Warburg Pincus as president and managing director.
- Whitest big county in the U.S.? It’s us
- Mount St. Helens, still steaming, holds the world’s newest glacier
- Kent family mourns loss of father, two sons in Father’s Day weekend crash
- Seattle sets heat record for July 4
- Ticket prices soar, then drop for World Cup
Most Read Stories
Crown is an imprint of Penguin Random House.