U.S. stock futures are rising sharply ahead of this week's two-day policy meeting of the U.S. Federal Reserve.
U.S. stock futures are rising sharply ahead of this week’s two-day policy meeting of the U.S. Federal Reserve.
Dow Jones futures are up 124 points to 15,112. S&P futures have added 14.3 points to 1,632.70. Nasdaq futures are up 29 points to 2,966.
Markets have been roiled by uncertainty for several weeks regarding the Fed’s commitment to a massive bond-buying program that has kept interest rates low and money flowing in domestic and global markets.
The consensus appears to be that while those programs will end, it will be some time before they do, and that it will happen when the economy in better shape. The Fed wraps up its meeting Wednesday.
- Seahawks 39, Steelers 30: What the national media are saying about Russell Wilson and Seattle's turnaround
- Lake Stevens quarterback Jacob Eason gets visit from WSU’s Mike Leach; commitment to Georgia ‘in holding pattern’
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- Girlfriend finds nothing funny about couple’s sense of humor
- WWU police arrest 19-year-old student in racist-threats case
Most Read Stories
The National Association of Home Builders releases its housing market index for June on Monday.