U.S. stock futures are rising sharply ahead of this week's two-day policy meeting of the U.S. Federal Reserve.
U.S. stock futures are rising sharply ahead of this week’s two-day policy meeting of the U.S. Federal Reserve.
Dow Jones futures are up 124 points to 15,112. S&P futures have added 14.3 points to 1,632.70. Nasdaq futures are up 29 points to 2,966.
Markets have been roiled by uncertainty for several weeks regarding the Fed’s commitment to a massive bond-buying program that has kept interest rates low and money flowing in domestic and global markets.
The consensus appears to be that while those programs will end, it will be some time before they do, and that it will happen when the economy in better shape. The Fed wraps up its meeting Wednesday.
- The hidden homeless: families in the suburbs
- Home prices charge ahead, driving some buyers farther afield
- How the Seahawks got two first-round picks in the NFL draft
- Here are Seattle-area companies employees enjoy working at most
- Mayor, Chris Hansen denounce misogynistic comments over council arena vote
Most Read Stories
The National Association of Home Builders releases its housing market index for June on Monday.