U.S. stock futures are rising sharply ahead of this week's two-day policy meeting of the U.S. Federal Reserve.
U.S. stock futures are rising sharply ahead of this week’s two-day policy meeting of the U.S. Federal Reserve.
Dow Jones futures are up 124 points to 15,112. S&P futures have added 14.3 points to 1,632.70. Nasdaq futures are up 29 points to 2,966.
Markets have been roiled by uncertainty for several weeks regarding the Fed’s commitment to a massive bond-buying program that has kept interest rates low and money flowing in domestic and global markets.
The consensus appears to be that while those programs will end, it will be some time before they do, and that it will happen when the economy in better shape. The Fed wraps up its meeting Wednesday.
- Marymoor Park concerts: Full lineup announced
- Capitol Hill light-rail station nearly ready for trains to rumble
- Nelson Cruz's home run in ninth inning lifts Mariners to sweep of Rays
- Historically black Central District could be less than 10% black in a decade
- They were millionaires for 3 months, but Seattle couple didn't know it
Most Read Stories
The National Association of Home Builders releases its housing market index for June on Monday.