DETROIT (AP) — Former Chrysler Chair John J. Riccardo has died. He was 91.
The Rev. John C. Riccardo says Monday that his father died Saturday.
The Detroit Free Press reports that John J. Riccardo joined the automaker in 1959 and rose to president by 1970. He was its chairman five years later.
He recruited Lee Iacocca to join Chrysler in 1978 as chief executive.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle once again nation’s fastest-growing big city; population exceeds 700,000 | FYI Guy
- 2 Bellevue High students investigated in alleged rape of 14-year-old girl at Yarrow Point party
- Amazon opens Seattle grocery pickup sites to Prime members
- Despite 'good visit' with Colin Kaepernick, Seahawks may not be done in search for backup QB
- This Seattle bar just made Esquire’s ‘24 Best Bars in America'
Riccardo sought a federal government loan bailout for the struggling automaker that was approved by Congress after he stepped down in 1979 as chair.
Riccardo also is survived by his wife, Thelma; and four other adult children.
Visitation is scheduled from 3-8 p.m. Thursday at Lynch & Sons Funeral Home in Clawson. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Friday at Holy Name Parish in Birmingham.