MIAMI (AP) — A flight attendant has been hospitalized and five passengers suffered apparently minor injuries after an American Airlines jet ran into turbulence over Florida.
The airline said the plane that took off from New York’s LaGuardia Airport was less than hour from landing Friday in Miami when it hit rough air. Airline spokesman Casey Norton said passengers’ seatbelt lights were on at the time.
Flight 1410 was carrying 159 passengers and six crew members.
Norton said that after the Boeing 737 landed, paramedics checked five passengers, who were released. He said the flight attendant asked to be taken to a hospital to have an injury to her nose checked out.
- Seattle fifth-graders will get their camp trip, but teachers refuse to go
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Five things to watch as Seahawks begin OTAs Monday
- Ivar’s looks to sell, lease back two venerable restaurant sites
- What the national media are saying about Robinson Cano and the Mariners' hot start to the season