MIAMI (AP) — A flight attendant has been hospitalized and five passengers suffered apparently minor injuries after an American Airlines jet ran into turbulence over Florida.
The airline said the plane that took off from New York’s LaGuardia Airport was less than hour from landing Friday in Miami when it hit rough air. Airline spokesman Casey Norton said passengers’ seatbelt lights were on at the time.
Flight 1410 was carrying 159 passengers and six crew members.
Norton said that after the Boeing 737 landed, paramedics checked five passengers, who were released. He said the flight attendant asked to be taken to a hospital to have an injury to her nose checked out.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle skyline is tops in construction cranes — more than any other U.S. city
- 2,000 Seattle teachers wear ‘Black Lives Matter’ shirts to class VIEW
- Petition seeks recall of Wonder Woman as U.N. ambassador
- Major U.S. websites disrupted by cyberattacks
- The great debate: Did Trump say ‘bigly’ or ‘big league’? (Poll) WATCH