MIAMI (AP) — A flight attendant has been hospitalized and five passengers suffered apparently minor injuries after an American Airlines jet ran into turbulence over Florida.
The airline said the plane that took off from New York’s LaGuardia Airport was less than hour from landing Friday in Miami when it hit rough air. Airline spokesman Casey Norton said passengers’ seatbelt lights were on at the time.
Flight 1410 was carrying 159 passengers and six crew members.
Norton said that after the Boeing 737 landed, paramedics checked five passengers, who were released. He said the flight attendant asked to be taken to a hospital to have an injury to her nose checked out.
Most Read Stories
- Washington state will resist federal crackdown on legal weed, AG Ferguson says
- Cheating hubby needs to reset attitude toward ‘affair baby’ | Dear Carolyn
- ‘Big pool of blood’: Redmond man shoots cougar in research cage
- 5-year-old Kent girl re-creates iconic photos of notable black women for Black History Month VIEW
- T-Mobile one-ups Verizon’s new unlimited data plan; 4Q results top forecasts