MIAMI (AP) — A flight attendant has been hospitalized and five passengers suffered apparently minor injuries after an American Airlines jet ran into turbulence over Florida.
The airline said the plane that took off from New York’s LaGuardia Airport was less than hour from landing Friday in Miami when it hit rough air. Airline spokesman Casey Norton said passengers’ seatbelt lights were on at the time.
Flight 1410 was carrying 159 passengers and six crew members.
Norton said that after the Boeing 737 landed, paramedics checked five passengers, who were released. He said the flight attendant asked to be taken to a hospital to have an injury to her nose checked out.
Most Read Stories
- Guns in stadiums? Trumpism making some noise in Olympia | Danny Westneat
- Sexless marriage worries husband | Dear Carolyn
- For $750, Seattle’s newest apartment is the size of a parking space
- Complete coverage: Sounders take down Toronto FC in PK's to capture first MLS Cup title
- First impressions: Sounders win first MLS Cup title in penalty-kick shootout