MIAMI (AP) — A flight attendant has been hospitalized and five passengers suffered apparently minor injuries after an American Airlines jet ran into turbulence over Florida.
The airline said the plane that took off from New York’s LaGuardia Airport was less than hour from landing Friday in Miami when it hit rough air. Airline spokesman Casey Norton said passengers’ seatbelt lights were on at the time.
Flight 1410 was carrying 159 passengers and six crew members.
Norton said that after the Boeing 737 landed, paramedics checked five passengers, who were released. He said the flight attendant asked to be taken to a hospital to have an injury to her nose checked out.
- White Sox lead protest against Mariners collecting 60 percent of visiting-clubhouse dues
- More than 6 WSU football players named as 'persons of interest' in weekend party assault case WATCH
- Live updates from the DNC: Sanders says Clinton 'must become the next president'
- Witnesses say WSU football players attacked two students
- Sounders part ways with longtime coach Sigi Schmid