Everett Community College said Friday it plans to create a 37,000-square-foot Advanced Manufacturing Training & Education Center to prepare students for jobs in manufacturing and aerospace.
The plan entails a $3.5 million remodel of a warehouse owned by the college.
A three-year, $888,653 grant from the National Science Foundation announced June 3 will fund curriculum design, equipment, student support services and faculty training.
The project is pending approval by the Washington State Board of Community and Technical Colleges at its June 19-20 meeting.
- Seattle City Council kills sale of street for Sodo arena
- 9 arrested, 5 officers hurt as May Day anti-capitalist march turns violent
- Former Skyline High QB Jake Heaps signs with Seahawks
- Sinkhole forms above Sound Transit light-rail tunnel in Roosevelt area
- High court rejects franchises’ challenge to Seattle’s $15 wage law
Most Read Stories
If approved, construction would start by the end of 2013 and the training center would open in 2014.
Dominic Gates: (206) 464-2963 or firstname.lastname@example.org