Everett Community College said Friday it plans to create a 37,000-square-foot Advanced Manufacturing Training & Education Center to prepare students for jobs in manufacturing and aerospace.
The plan entails a $3.5 million remodel of a warehouse owned by the college.
A three-year, $888,653 grant from the National Science Foundation announced June 3 will fund curriculum design, equipment, student support services and faculty training.
The project is pending approval by the Washington State Board of Community and Technical Colleges at its June 19-20 meeting.
- For UW, an Apple Cup victory that doubled as a breakthrough
- The story of one homeless girl, Brittany, who was failed time and again
- Bill Gates to commit billions for clean energy
- India draws tech dreamers back home
- Holiday and Independence Bowls are potential destinations for UW and WSU
Most Read Stories
If approved, construction would start by the end of 2013 and the training center would open in 2014.
Dominic Gates: (206) 464-2963 or firstname.lastname@example.org