Everett Community College said Friday it plans to create a 37,000-square-foot Advanced Manufacturing Training & Education Center to prepare students for jobs in manufacturing and aerospace.
The plan entails a $3.5 million remodel of a warehouse owned by the college.
A three-year, $888,653 grant from the National Science Foundation announced June 3 will fund curriculum design, equipment, student support services and faculty training.
The project is pending approval by the Washington State Board of Community and Technical Colleges at its June 19-20 meeting.
- How ISIS methodically groomed a lonely young Wash. state woman
- Despite struggles on and off field, ex-Skyline star QB Jake Heaps still chasing his dream
- Navy stealthily targets Hood Canal development
- Lake City residents fight to regain use of now-private beach
- 1,000 flee homes as wildfire quickly spreads in Wenatchee
Most Read Stories
If approved, construction would start by the end of 2013 and the training center would open in 2014.
Dominic Gates: (206) 464-2963 or firstname.lastname@example.org