Everett Community College said Friday it plans to create a 37,000-square-foot Advanced Manufacturing Training & Education Center to prepare students for jobs in manufacturing and aerospace.
The plan entails a $3.5 million remodel of a warehouse owned by the college.
A three-year, $888,653 grant from the National Science Foundation announced June 3 will fund curriculum design, equipment, student support services and faculty training.
The project is pending approval by the Washington State Board of Community and Technical Colleges at its June 19-20 meeting.
- Seahawks' Marshawn Lynch announces retirement in his own, unique fashion
- Black Sabbath calls it a night at the Tacoma Dome — for good
- Costco delays credit-card switch
- Seattle’s brash king of pot raking in cash and raising hackles at Uncle Ike’s
- Seahawks star Marshawn Lynch's tweet during Super Bowl appears to announce retirement
Most Read Stories
If approved, construction would start by the end of 2013 and the training center would open in 2014.
Dominic Gates: (206) 464-2963 or firstname.lastname@example.org