Everett Community College said Friday it plans to create a 37,000-square-foot Advanced Manufacturing Training & Education Center to prepare students for jobs in manufacturing and aerospace.
The plan entails a $3.5 million remodel of a warehouse owned by the college.
A three-year, $888,653 grant from the National Science Foundation announced June 3 will fund curriculum design, equipment, student support services and faculty training.
The project is pending approval by the Washington State Board of Community and Technical Colleges at its June 19-20 meeting.
- Unusual motel sting casts wide net on illicit activity
- Amanda Knox murder conviction overturned by Italy high court
- Priced out? Growing numbers appear to be fleeing King County
- 5 Seahawks takeaways from the NFL League Meetings
- Italian court throws out Knox conviction once and for all
Most Read Stories
If approved, construction would start by the end of 2013 and the training center would open in 2014.
Dominic Gates: (206) 464-2963 or email@example.com