PARIS (AP) — Train service between Britain and the European continent has resumed after a lengthy stoppage but officials are warning of continued delays on the line.
Eurotunnel, which operates the train tunnel beneath the English Channel, said in a tweet that delays of up to three hours in both directions are expected.
An electrical supply problem in the train tunnel blocked Eurostar traffic Tuesday, causing delays for hundreds of travelers. Officials blamed an electrical outage.
The blockage left passengers in London and Paris stuck while they wait for it to be resolved.
Most Read Stories
- Christopher Monfort, killer of Seattle police officer, found dead in prison cell
- Why are home prices so high? Seattle has 2nd-lowest rate of homes for sale in U.S.
- 50,000 expected to attend Seattle women’s march day after Trump inauguration WATCH
- What you need to know about Inauguration Day protests, events in Seattle
- 3 Seattle restaurants that make you feel like you’re far, far away VIEW
Technical problems and strikes occasionally cause delays or stoppages on Eurostar trains.