Amazon.com will celebrate its 10th anniversary with a present to employees — an exclusive concert featuring Bob Dylan, Norah Jones...
Amazon.com will celebrate its 10th anniversary with a present to employees — an exclusive concert featuring Bob Dylan, Norah Jones and political satirist Bill Maher. The event will take place in Seattle’s Benaroya Hall on July 16.
No tickets will be sold to the public, but the company says it will be broadcast live on the Internet (Amazon.com/showofthanks), beginning at 5 p.m.
It’s not uncommon for high-profile artists, even one as closely associated with the counter-culture as Dylan, to appear at corporate events, according to Gary Bongiovanni of the concert trade magazine Pollstar.
“The stigma that used to be associated with these corporate gigs seems to be just about gone now,” he said.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle once again nation’s fastest-growing big city; population exceeds 700,000 | FYI Guy
- Cause of death of Seahawk Hall of Famer Cortez Kennedy remains unclear as family, friends struggle with his passing
- What drivers can and cannot do under Washington state's new distracted-driving law
- Officer hailed for taking down cop killer costs Seattle $165,000 in civil-rights claims
- Four months in, ‘Seattle’s only Trump voter’ has his doubts | Danny Westneat
“The artist’s motivation for doing this is usually money. They pay extremely well. … (Dylan’s) doing casinos and all kinds of things now. Bob hasn’t been as selective in his choices as he would have been even 10 years ago, or as any artist would have been 10 years ago.”
Dylan is the top-selling living male recording artist on Amazon, and Jones is the top-selling female artist.
Dylan also is scheduled to appear July 30 at the Maryhill Winery in Goldendale. Tickets for that concert are available at Ticketmaster outlets beginning at 10 a.m. tomorrow.