Dubai Airports says it has opened the world's first concourse entirely dedicated to the Airbus A380, with an Emirates airlines flight making the maiden voyage to London's Heathrow Airport.
Dubai Airports says it has opened the world’s first concourse entirely dedicated to the Airbus A380, with an Emirates airlines flight making the maiden voyage to London’s Heathrow Airport.
Four of 20 gates at Concourse A were in operation Wednesday at Dubai International’s Terminal 3.
Dubai Airports CEO Paul Griffiths said Concourse A would open in stages to “ensure smooth operations.”
Dubai Airports served 57 million passengers in 2012, making it the busiest airport in the Mideast and the fourth busiest in the world. When Concourse A is fully operational, it is expected to increase the airport’s capacity from 60 million to 75 million.
- Shell icebreaker begins journey after protesters removed from Portland bridge
- Surviving Seattle’s sidewalks: Pedestrian rage rises as the population grows
- Silence deafening as Russell Wilson deadline for extension nears
- Haggen cuts worker hours in Seattle area
- Alaska Airlines has 72-hour sale on fall travel to Hawaii
Most Read Stories
Dubai International is the city’s main airport. It is home to Emirates, the Mideast’s biggest airline, as well as budget carrier FlyDubai.