Dubai Airports says it has opened the world's first concourse entirely dedicated to the Airbus A380, with an Emirates airlines flight making the maiden voyage to London's Heathrow Airport.
Dubai Airports says it has opened the world’s first concourse entirely dedicated to the Airbus A380, with an Emirates airlines flight making the maiden voyage to London’s Heathrow Airport.
Four of 20 gates at Concourse A were in operation Wednesday at Dubai International’s Terminal 3.
Dubai Airports CEO Paul Griffiths said Concourse A would open in stages to “ensure smooth operations.”
Dubai Airports served 57 million passengers in 2012, making it the busiest airport in the Mideast and the fourth busiest in the world. When Concourse A is fully operational, it is expected to increase the airport’s capacity from 60 million to 75 million.
- WWU cancels classes Tuesday after racial threats on social media
- Seahawks bringing back RB Bryce Brown, adding depth with Marshawn Lynch's situation uncertain
- Like teammate Marshawn Lynch, Seattle Seahawks rookie Thomas Rawls craves contact
- Seattle Seahawks Tuesday ramblings: What got Cary Williams benched? And more
- Turkey shoots down Russian jet it says violated its airspace
Most Read Stories
Dubai International is the city’s main airport. It is home to Emirates, the Mideast’s biggest airline, as well as budget carrier FlyDubai.