The number of deductions you can take on your 2012 tax filing might surprise you. But many tax filers may miss out on some deductions simply because they do not know they exist.
If you’d like to learn about overlooked deductions available the 2012 tax season, you might spend time visiting one of these websites:
• AARP.org: Features 10 tax tips that people over 50 should be aware of for 2012 taxes.
• H&R Block: Covers important tax credits for 2012.
- Our state’s greatest gift to the nation just got canceled
- Clay Matthews tells Colin Kaepernick: ‘You ain’t Russell Wilson, bro’
- Watch: Former Mariners great Ichiro Suzuki pitches — yes, pitches — for the Marlins
- Gun violence: Don’t fear gun laws; let gun-owners help pay to fix the problem
- Two high school football players hospitalized after serious game injuries
Most Read Stories
• Intuit TurboTax: Spotlights the 10 most-overlooked tax deductions, updated for 2012 taxes.
• Investopedia: Focuses on seven overlooked tax-return items.
• Kiplinger.com: Offers money-saving tax breaks in slideshow format.