After multiple delays, the tower at Fifth & Columbia in Seattle will break ground in mid-August and be completed by 2017, developer Kevin Daniels said Thursday.
Equipment to move utilities was brought to the building site Thursday.
The 44-story tower will feature 528,000 square feet of office space and a 184-room luxury hotel operated by SBE Entertainment Group, according to the project’s website.
Daniels said the project can finally move ahead because of the expanding Seattle-area job market and pent-up demand from tenants other than Amazon.com looking for modern office space.
- Husky guide on UW cheerleading tryouts goes global
- CEO makes fiery emails about Muslims part of the workday
- Look like this, not that: UW pulls cheerleader-tryout advice after angry backlash
- Oh smack: Garbage truck hits Alaskan Way Viaduct
- Seahawks get high grades for drafting of Jarran Reed, while reaction to other picks a little more varied