After multiple delays, the tower at Fifth & Columbia in Seattle will break ground in mid-August and be completed by 2017, developer Kevin Daniels said Thursday.
Equipment to move utilities was brought to the building site Thursday.
The 44-story tower will feature 528,000 square feet of office space and a 184-room luxury hotel operated by SBE Entertainment Group, according to the project’s website.
Daniels said the project can finally move ahead because of the expanding Seattle-area job market and pent-up demand from tenants other than Amazon.com looking for modern office space.
- Black Lives Matter protesters march, have sit-ins in Seattle
- Game thread: Huskies dominate Cougars in Apple Cup
- For UW, an Apple Cup victory that doubled as a breakthrough
- Swarming defense, Myles Gaskin helps UW rout WSU in Apple Cup
- Bill Gates to commit billions for clean energy