After multiple delays, the tower at Fifth & Columbia in Seattle will break ground in mid-August and be completed by 2017, developer Kevin Daniels said Thursday.
Equipment to move utilities was brought to the building site Thursday.
The 44-story tower will feature 528,000 square feet of office space and a 184-room luxury hotel operated by SBE Entertainment Group, according to the project’s website.
Daniels said the project can finally move ahead because of the expanding Seattle-area job market and pent-up demand from tenants other than Amazon.com looking for modern office space.
- Seahawks' Marshawn Lynch announces retirement in his own, unique fashion
- Black Sabbath calls it a night at the Tacoma Dome — for good
- Marshawn Lynch leaves behind a legacy like no other with Seahawks
- Seattle’s brash king of pot raking in cash and raising hackles at Uncle Ike’s
- Marshawn Lynch’s retirement announcement wasn’t classy, but it was perfect