After multiple delays, the tower at Fifth & Columbia in Seattle will break ground in mid-August and be completed by 2017, developer Kevin Daniels said Thursday.
Equipment to move utilities was brought to the building site Thursday.
The 44-story tower will feature 528,000 square feet of office space and a 184-room luxury hotel operated by SBE Entertainment Group, according to the project’s website.
Daniels said the project can finally move ahead because of the expanding Seattle-area job market and pent-up demand from tenants other than Amazon.com looking for modern office space.
- Kam Chancellor’s forced fumble and K.J. Wright’s illegal batted ball help Seahawks stop Lions
- Reaction: National media reacts to controversial call on Kam Chancellor-forced fumble in Seahawks-Lions game
- Evergreen senior’s death, other player injuries renew football-safety debate
- Many homeowners stuck owing more than their houses are worth
- Our state’s greatest gift to the nation just got canceled