If you're looking for a gift that won't go out of style, you might consider something of a financial nature that will grow in value. Depending on your budget...
If you’re looking for a gift that won’t go out of style, you might consider something of a financial nature that will grow in value.
Depending on your budget, it could be a few shares of your favorite stock or mutual fund, a head start on a retirement- or college-saving plan or a book about investing.
You can either purchase shares of a stock or mutual fund, or you can transfer shares of something you already own into the recipient’s name.
You might be disappointed to find that obtaining actual share certificates is not as easy as it once was; it often incurs charges, which can raise the cost of your purchase.
Most Read Stories
- Man shot at UW no racist, friends insist, despite shooter’s claim
- Man struck, killed by Link light-rail train in Rainier Valley
- We need real solutions to vehicle campers | Editorial
- Trump administration taps 2 Washington state legislators to help reshape EPA
- Seattle is again crane capital of America, but lead is shrinking