If you're looking for a gift that won't go out of style, you might consider something of a financial nature that will grow in value. Depending on your budget...
If you’re looking for a gift that won’t go out of style, you might consider something of a financial nature that will grow in value.
Depending on your budget, it could be a few shares of your favorite stock or mutual fund, a head start on a retirement- or college-saving plan or a book about investing.
You can either purchase shares of a stock or mutual fund, or you can transfer shares of something you already own into the recipient’s name.
You might be disappointed to find that obtaining actual share certificates is not as easy as it once was; it often incurs charges, which can raise the cost of your purchase.
Most Read Stories
- Woman, 71, lost in Olympics with dog, built shelter, ate ants
- Foreign buyers drop off as Seattle housing market hits hottest tempo since 2006 bubble
- 3 teens killed in Lynnwood crash from Mill Creek high school
- What drivers can and cannot do under Washington state's new distracted-driving law
- Are Seattle housing prices headed for a crash? | Jon Talton