If you're looking for a gift that won't go out of style, you might consider something of a financial nature that will grow in value. Depending on your budget...
If you’re looking for a gift that won’t go out of style, you might consider something of a financial nature that will grow in value.
Depending on your budget, it could be a few shares of your favorite stock or mutual fund, a head start on a retirement- or college-saving plan or a book about investing.
You can either purchase shares of a stock or mutual fund, or you can transfer shares of something you already own into the recipient’s name.
You might be disappointed to find that obtaining actual share certificates is not as easy as it once was; it often incurs charges, which can raise the cost of your purchase.
Most Read Stories
- Billionaire Paul Allen pledges $30M toward permanent housing for Seattle’s homeless
- Seahawks trade with Falcons, 49ers to move out of first round of 2017 NFL Draft, now have 10 picks WATCH
- 2017 NFL draft: Live Seahawks updates from the first round
- Highway 99 tolling: Here's how much you could pay, according to new analysis
- Offer help to daughter every which way; it may build a bond | Dear Carolyn