If you're looking for a gift that won't go out of style, you might consider something of a financial nature that will grow in value. Depending on your budget...
If you’re looking for a gift that won’t go out of style, you might consider something of a financial nature that will grow in value.
Depending on your budget, it could be a few shares of your favorite stock or mutual fund, a head start on a retirement- or college-saving plan or a book about investing.
You can either purchase shares of a stock or mutual fund, or you can transfer shares of something you already own into the recipient’s name.
You might be disappointed to find that obtaining actual share certificates is not as easy as it once was; it often incurs charges, which can raise the cost of your purchase.
Most Read Stories
- Swastika-wearing man punched on Seattle street, removes swastika, police say
- 'Polite Robber' suspect told similar sob story when arrested 8 years ago
- Pete Carroll on Seahawks offense: 'There will be some things that will be a little bit different this week' WATCH
- In Seattle mayoral race between Jenny Durkan and Cary Moon, it’s the same old sexist nonsense | Nicole Brodeur
- U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions sips a 'Nuke Waste' during low-key visit to Kitsap