If you're looking for a gift that won't go out of style, you might consider something of a financial nature that will grow in value. Depending on your budget...
If you’re looking for a gift that won’t go out of style, you might consider something of a financial nature that will grow in value.
Depending on your budget, it could be a few shares of your favorite stock or mutual fund, a head start on a retirement- or college-saving plan or a book about investing.
You can either purchase shares of a stock or mutual fund, or you can transfer shares of something you already own into the recipient’s name.
You might be disappointed to find that obtaining actual share certificates is not as easy as it once was; it often incurs charges, which can raise the cost of your purchase.
Most Read Stories
- Prosecutor reviewing sex-abuse allegations against ‘Deadliest Catch’ star Sig Hansen
- The results are in: Here's where the new Dick's Drive-In will be
- Knife-wielding man in custody after downtown standoff VIEW
- Amazon tries to bag a big chunk of grocery market with Seattle pickup locations WATCH
- Seahawks GM John Schneider on Marshawn Lynch, Richard Sherman, Trevone Boykin, Colin Kaepernick, and more