Is it a bike? Is it a plane? Three Czech companies have teamed up to make a prototype of an electric bicycle that can fly.
Is it a bike? Is it a plane?
Three Czech companies have teamed up to make a prototype of an electric bicycle that successfully took off Wednesday inside an exhibition hall in Prague and landed safely after a remote-controlled, five-minute flight.
Looking like a heavy mountain bike, it weighs 95 kilograms (209 pounds). It has two battery-power propellers in the front, two in the back and one each on the sides.
A dummy rode in the saddle.
- Manhole cover crashes into SUV's windshield, killing driver
- Examining if the Seahawks would be a good fit for Matt Forte
- 'Downton Abbey' star Brendan Coyle banned from driving
- Woman’s throat cut in South Lake Union assault; man arrested
- Building with iconic Seattle P-I globe sold for $40M
Most Read Stories
Milan Duchek, technical director of Duratec, a bicycle frames maker, says more powerful batteries will be needed before a human takes a two-wheeled flight.