PRAGUE (AP) — Czech airline Travel Service says it has signed deals to buy 16 new Boeing 737 MAX jets.
Spokeswoman Vladimira Dufkova said Tuesday the contracts were signed earlier in January and the jets will be delivered in 2018-2021. Financial details were not given.
Including recently signed deals, Travel Service, which operates both regular flights under the name SmartWings and also provides charter flights, will acquire a total of 25 new Boeings.
The airline, the biggest in the Czech Republic, currently uses 35 jets in the winter season and 44 in the summer. A total of 5.7 million passengers flew with Travel Service last year.
Most Read Stories
- Police think there might be more to road-rage killing of young dad in Federal Way
- DEA moves to ban kratom, frustrating both scientists and users
- ‘Plan ahead, be ready’: Friday’s UW-Stanford rush-hour kickoff to be traffic challenge
- Suspect tried to buy handgun at store just before mall shooting, owner says
- Is Port Angeles ready to realize its potential? | PNW Magazine VIEW
Chinese CEFC China Energy Company has a 10 percent stake in the airline.