PRAGUE (AP) — Czech airline Travel Service says it has signed deals to buy 16 new Boeing 737 MAX jets.
Spokeswoman Vladimira Dufkova said Tuesday the contracts were signed earlier in January and the jets will be delivered in 2018-2021. Financial details were not given.
Including recently signed deals, Travel Service, which operates both regular flights under the name SmartWings and also provides charter flights, will acquire a total of 25 new Boeings.
The airline, the biggest in the Czech Republic, currently uses 35 jets in the winter season and 44 in the summer. A total of 5.7 million passengers flew with Travel Service last year.
Most Read Stories
- Scientists say recent quake swarm at Rainier is not unusual
- FBI investigating off-duty work by Seattle police at construction sites, parking garages
- 'Polite Robber' suspect told similar sob story when arrested 8 years ago
- Is this Seattle bus stop the worst in America?
- Swastika-wearing man punched on Seattle street, removes swastika, police say
Chinese CEFC China Energy Company has a 10 percent stake in the airline.