PRAGUE (AP) — Czech airline Travel Service says it has signed deals to buy 16 new Boeing 737 MAX jets.
Spokeswoman Vladimira Dufkova said Tuesday the contracts were signed earlier in January and the jets will be delivered in 2018-2021. Financial details were not given.
Including recently signed deals, Travel Service, which operates both regular flights under the name SmartWings and also provides charter flights, will acquire a total of 25 new Boeings.
The airline, the biggest in the Czech Republic, currently uses 35 jets in the winter season and 44 in the summer. A total of 5.7 million passengers flew with Travel Service last year.
- Seattle-area home prices surge to new high
- The sorrow of Steak ’n Shake VIEW
- Did Lorenzo Romar, Brandon Roy and UW’s recruiting of the Porter brothers cross the line?
- Microsoft draws flak for pushing Windows 10 on PC users
- Seahawks QB Trevone Boykin charged with assault after reportedly striking cop in December
Most Read Stories
Chinese CEFC China Energy Company has a 10 percent stake in the airline.