PRAGUE (AP) — Czech airline Travel Service says it has signed deals to buy 16 new Boeing 737 MAX jets.
Spokeswoman Vladimira Dufkova said Tuesday the contracts were signed earlier in January and the jets will be delivered in 2018-2021. Financial details were not given.
Including recently signed deals, Travel Service, which operates both regular flights under the name SmartWings and also provides charter flights, will acquire a total of 25 new Boeings.
The airline, the biggest in the Czech Republic, currently uses 35 jets in the winter season and 44 in the summer. A total of 5.7 million passengers flew with Travel Service last year.
Most Read Stories
- Jay Inslee for president? Governor’s profile is on the rise
- Nordstrom’s big, beautiful stores are losing ground VIEW
- Trump motorcade hit by 2x4 in West Palm Beach; five students face charges
- Swedish CEO resigns in wake of Seattle Times investigation
- Mexico City is a parched and sinking capital
Chinese CEFC China Energy Company has a 10 percent stake in the airline.