PRAGUE (AP) — Czech airline Travel Service says it has signed deals to buy 16 new Boeing 737 MAX jets.
Spokeswoman Vladimira Dufkova said Tuesday the contracts were signed earlier in January and the jets will be delivered in 2018-2021. Financial details were not given.
Including recently signed deals, Travel Service, which operates both regular flights under the name SmartWings and also provides charter flights, will acquire a total of 25 new Boeings.
The airline, the biggest in the Czech Republic, currently uses 35 jets in the winter season and 44 in the summer. A total of 5.7 million passengers flew with Travel Service last year.
- Live updates from the DNC: Sanders says Clinton 'must become the next president'
- Witnesses say WSU football players attacked two students
- Ken Griffey Jr.’s emotional Hall of Fame speech makes him more human
- At least 19 killed, about 20 injured in knifing near Tokyo VIEW
- Jury finds Seattle police chief retaliated against 2 officers in overtime pay dispute
Most Read Stories
Chinese CEFC China Energy Company has a 10 percent stake in the airline.