South Lake Union is considered one of the country’s hottest real-estate markets, and that shouldn’t change in 2013.
New development there extends far beyond Fairvew.
Holland Partners has four projects with 800 apartments under construction in the neighborhood — three of them on Dexter Avenue North. Other developers are building an additional 600 apartments, and 600 more are in the pipeline.
Spear Street Capital, of San Francisco, should finish a 110,000-square-foot office building on Westlake Avenue North next year. It’s pre-leased to Amazon.com
- Shell icebreaker begins journey after protesters removed from Portland bridge
- Surviving Seattle’s sidewalks: Pedestrian rage rises as the population grows
- Silence deafening as Russell Wilson deadline for extension nears
- Haggen cuts worker hours in Seattle area
- Alaska Airlines has 72-hour sale on fall travel to Hawaii
Most Read Stories
Vulcan Real Estate plans to break ground in 2013 on three more office buildings, also on Westlake.
Two are pre-leased to Amazon, one to the Allen Institute for Brain Science. They total 625,000 square feet.
Vulcan also is seeking permits for yet another 200,000-square-foot office building. And a San Francisco developer has filed preliminary paperwork for a 15-story hotel smack in the middle of the Amazon headquarters complex.
— Eric Pryne