South Lake Union is considered one of the country’s hottest real-estate markets, and that shouldn’t change in 2013.
New development there extends far beyond Fairvew.
Holland Partners has four projects with 800 apartments under construction in the neighborhood — three of them on Dexter Avenue North. Other developers are building an additional 600 apartments, and 600 more are in the pipeline.
Spear Street Capital, of San Francisco, should finish a 110,000-square-foot office building on Westlake Avenue North next year. It’s pre-leased to Amazon.com
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Trump, Clinton win Washington state primary
- Power restored after major, hour-long outage in downtown Seattle
- Reed brother led detectives to bodies believed to be Arlington couple
- Boeing plans hundreds of layoffs in local IT unit
Most Read Stories
Vulcan Real Estate plans to break ground in 2013 on three more office buildings, also on Westlake.
Two are pre-leased to Amazon, one to the Allen Institute for Brain Science. They total 625,000 square feet.
Vulcan also is seeking permits for yet another 200,000-square-foot office building. And a San Francisco developer has filed preliminary paperwork for a 15-story hotel smack in the middle of the Amazon headquarters complex.
— Eric Pryne