South Lake Union is considered one of the country’s hottest real-estate markets, and that shouldn’t change in 2013.
New development there extends far beyond Fairvew.
Holland Partners has four projects with 800 apartments under construction in the neighborhood — three of them on Dexter Avenue North. Other developers are building an additional 600 apartments, and 600 more are in the pipeline.
Spear Street Capital, of San Francisco, should finish a 110,000-square-foot office building on Westlake Avenue North next year. It’s pre-leased to Amazon.com
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik
- Now comes the hard part for the Mariners: Hiring Jack Zduriencik’s replacement
- Mariners demote struggling catcher Mike Zunino
- Why Russell Wilson needs to water down his Recovery claims
- Animated map: How the wildfires in North Central Washington have grown over time
Most Read Stories
Vulcan Real Estate plans to break ground in 2013 on three more office buildings, also on Westlake.
Two are pre-leased to Amazon, one to the Allen Institute for Brain Science. They total 625,000 square feet.
Vulcan also is seeking permits for yet another 200,000-square-foot office building. And a San Francisco developer has filed preliminary paperwork for a 15-story hotel smack in the middle of the Amazon headquarters complex.
— Eric Pryne