Costco Wholesale has leased an Issaquah office building developed by Vulcan to provide growing room for its headquarters staff, which now numbers about 3,000.
The 177,000-square-foot building at Sammamish Park Place, off E. Lake Sammamish Parkway at S.E. 51st St., is about a mile from the warehouse retailer’s headquarters at 999 Lake Drive.
Chief Financial Officer Richard Galanti said the lease gives Costco more room for part of its information technology staff and other operations.
“We’re continuing to grow and trying to keep most of the administrative operations nearby,” he said. “IT is certainly a much bigger operation” for the company than it used to be, and the international staff is also growing, he said.
- Wolverine fire continues to grow, air quality at hazardous levels
- Man who drowned in Lake Washington was watching hydros, jumped in to swim
- Oh, rats! Seattle is one of the rattiest places in U.S.
- Seahawks' decision shows faith in Brandon Mebane, and the team's Superstar Strategy
- Old office-temperature rule for men leaves women freezing at work
Most Read Stories
Costco owns a couple of additional buildings a few miles to the east of its headquarters, he said. It also has a warehouse store nearby.
Vulcan, better known for building out Paul Allen’s large, bustling tract in South Lake Union, developed the Sammamish Park Place complex with Opus Northwest in 2000. Microsoft vacated the building that Costco is taking but still leases the complex’s other two buildings, a Vulcan spokeswoman said.