Bellevue-based Coinstar said Thursday it received shareholder approval to change its corporate name to Outerwall.
On Tuesday, it will begin trading under a new Nasdaq ticker symbol, “OUTR.”
Coinstar, which held its annual shareholder meeting Thursday in Bellevue, did not release detailed results of the vote.
The name change reflects Coinstar’s expansion beyond its namesake coin-counting machines. The company also owns the Redbox movie-rental business and is exploring new ventures, including coffee vending machines in partnership with Seattle’s Best Coffee.
- Kam Chancellor’s forced fumble and K.J. Wright’s illegal batted ball help Seahawks stop Lions
- National media reacts to controversial call on Kam Chancellor
- Evergreen senior’s death renews football-safety debate
- Many homeowners stuck owing more than their houses are worth
- Our state’s greatest gift to the nation just got canceled
Most Read Stories
Amy Martinez: 206-464-2923 or firstname.lastname@example.org. On Twitter: @amyemartinez