Bellevue-based Coinstar said Thursday it received shareholder approval to change its corporate name to Outerwall.
On Tuesday, it will begin trading under a new Nasdaq ticker symbol, “OUTR.”
Coinstar, which held its annual shareholder meeting Thursday in Bellevue, did not release detailed results of the vote.
The name change reflects Coinstar’s expansion beyond its namesake coin-counting machines. The company also owns the Redbox movie-rental business and is exploring new ventures, including coffee vending machines in partnership with Seattle’s Best Coffee.
- Shell icebreaker begins journey after protesters removed from Portland bridge
- Surviving Seattle’s sidewalks: Pedestrian rage rises as the population grows
- Silence deafening as Russell Wilson deadline for extension nears
- Haggen cuts worker hours in Seattle area
- Alaska Airlines has 72-hour sale on fall travel to Hawaii
Most Read Stories
Amy Martinez: 206-464-2923 or firstname.lastname@example.org. On Twitter: @amyemartinez