Bellevue-based Coinstar said Thursday it received shareholder approval to change its corporate name to Outerwall.
On Tuesday, it will begin trading under a new Nasdaq ticker symbol, “OUTR.”
Coinstar, which held its annual shareholder meeting Thursday in Bellevue, did not release detailed results of the vote.
The name change reflects Coinstar’s expansion beyond its namesake coin-counting machines. The company also owns the Redbox movie-rental business and is exploring new ventures, including coffee vending machines in partnership with Seattle’s Best Coffee.
- Seattle’s vanishing black community
- Boeing tankers will be delivered to Air Force late — and incomplete
- Bellevue School District seeks to fire football coach Goncharoff over scandal
- A six-pack of observations from Seahawks' OTAs: Justin Britt, Alex Collins, Tharold Simon and more
- Paul Allen ends KEXP’s yearslong fundraising drive with $500,000 donation
Most Read Stories
Amy Martinez: 206-464-2923 or email@example.com. On Twitter: @amyemartinez