Bellevue-based Coinstar said Thursday it received shareholder approval to change its corporate name to Outerwall.
On Tuesday, it will begin trading under a new Nasdaq ticker symbol, “OUTR.”
Coinstar, which held its annual shareholder meeting Thursday in Bellevue, did not release detailed results of the vote.
The name change reflects Coinstar’s expansion beyond its namesake coin-counting machines. The company also owns the Redbox movie-rental business and is exploring new ventures, including coffee vending machines in partnership with Seattle’s Best Coffee.
- Costco delays credit-card switch
- Band's frontman: No Super Bowl halftime show for Metallica
- WSDOT chief ousted by Senate Republicans after 3 years on job
- Driver arrested after I-90 crash that killed 2
- Seahawks’ Coleman going 60, didn’t brake before crash, police say
Most Read Stories
Amy Martinez: 206-464-2923 or email@example.com. On Twitter: @amyemartinez