Outdoor-gear retailer REI could name Jerry Stritzke, a top executive at Coach, as its new chief executive within weeks, the Wall Street Journal reported online Wednesday, citing unnamed sources.
The company is filling a position left open when former CEO Sally Jewell was named Secretary of the Interior earlier this year.
Stritzke, the president and chief operating officer at Coach, is leaving the international marketer of high-end handbags and accessories at the end of August.
An REI spokeswoman said the consumer cooperative’s board has not completed its CEO search. She said it does not comment on rumors or speculation.
- Win over USC puts UW’s coaching upgrade (Chris Petersen over Steve Sarkisian) on full display
- Lloyd McClendon will not return as Mariners' manager
- Expect traffic delays when Obama visits Seattle Friday afternoon
- Huskies upset USC 17-12 and beat Steve Sarkisian, their former coach
- Obama visits Seattle for fundraisers; traffic not as bad as expected
Most Read Stories
Melissa Allison: 206-464-3312 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Twitter @AllisonSeattle.