Outdoor-gear retailer REI could name Jerry Stritzke, a top executive at Coach, as its new chief executive within weeks, the Wall Street Journal reported online Wednesday, citing unnamed sources.
The company is filling a position left open when former CEO Sally Jewell was named Secretary of the Interior earlier this year.
Stritzke, the president and chief operating officer at Coach, is leaving the international marketer of high-end handbags and accessories at the end of August.
An REI spokeswoman said the consumer cooperative’s board has not completed its CEO search. She said it does not comment on rumors or speculation.
- Female tiger killed by mating partner at Sacramento Zoo
- Job cuts planned as Boeing hunkers down to compete with Airbus, consider new plane
- Amid Zika fears, local family shares the reality of microcephaly
- Seahawks sign CFL receiver Jeff Fuller and running back Cameron Marshall
- Nigerian suicide bomber gets cold feet, refuses to kill
Most Read Stories
Melissa Allison: 206-464-3312 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Twitter @AllisonSeattle.