Outdoor-gear retailer REI could name Jerry Stritzke, a top executive at Coach, as its new chief executive within weeks, the Wall Street Journal reported online Wednesday, citing unnamed sources.
The company is filling a position left open when former CEO Sally Jewell was named Secretary of the Interior earlier this year.
Stritzke, the president and chief operating officer at Coach, is leaving the international marketer of high-end handbags and accessories at the end of August.
An REI spokeswoman said the consumer cooperative’s board has not completed its CEO search. She said it does not comment on rumors or speculation.
- Seahawks agree to contract extension with quarterback Russell Wilson
- Dustin Ackley trade symbolizes continuing dark days of Mariners
- Surviving Seattle’s sidewalks: Pedestrian rage rises as the population grows
- Seahawks linebacker Bobby Wagner on contract talks: 'Now. That's my deadline'
- Higher wages a surprising success for Seattle restaurant Ivar's
Most Read Stories
Melissa Allison: 206-464-3312 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Twitter @AllisonSeattle.