Outdoor-gear retailer REI could name Jerry Stritzke, a top executive at Coach, as its new chief executive within weeks, the Wall Street Journal reported online Wednesday, citing unnamed sources.
The company is filling a position left open when former CEO Sally Jewell was named Secretary of the Interior earlier this year.
Stritzke, the president and chief operating officer at Coach, is leaving the international marketer of high-end handbags and accessories at the end of August.
An REI spokeswoman said the consumer cooperative’s board has not completed its CEO search. She said it does not comment on rumors or speculation.
- After embarrassment, Seattle finds public toilet that's just right
- NFL.com says Seahawks have most talented roster in league, and speculate on starting lineup
- Seattle's best restaurants? Classics revisited
- Capitol Hill light-rail station nearly ready for trains to rumble
- Historically black Central District could be less than 10% black in a decade
Most Read Stories
Melissa Allison: 206-464-3312 or email@example.com. Twitter @AllisonSeattle.