Outdoor-gear retailer REI could name Jerry Stritzke, a top executive at Coach, as its new chief executive within weeks, the Wall Street Journal reported online Wednesday, citing unnamed sources.
The company is filling a position left open when former CEO Sally Jewell was named Secretary of the Interior earlier this year.
Stritzke, the president and chief operating officer at Coach, is leaving the international marketer of high-end handbags and accessories at the end of August.
An REI spokeswoman said the consumer cooperative’s board has not completed its CEO search. She said it does not comment on rumors or speculation.
- Anonymous donor pays off landslide victim's $360K mortgage
- Could Chris Polk be a fit for the Seahawks?
- Jesse Jones is back: Seattle's superhero consumer reporter is now at KIRO 7
- This USB cable finally could be connector for long haul
- Fire destroys Bellevue auto showroom, dozens of cars
Most Read Stories
Melissa Allison: 206-464-3312 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Twitter @AllisonSeattle.