A rare car once used by Britain's wartime leader Winston Churchill is being sold on the auction site eBay.
A rare car once used by Britain’s wartime leader Winston Churchill is being sold on the auction site eBay.
Experts believe the vintage Daimler DB 18 Drophead Coupe is the only one of its kind left.
Germany-based seller Sabri Cakar says the U.K. prime minister used the car between 1944 and 1949.
Bids in the auction, which ends Monday shortly after 7 p.m. (1700 GMT), already top 470,000 euros ($616,000).
- School board rebukes Bellevue football program; possible two-year ban for coach Butch Goncharoff
- This drone footage of inside Bertha’s tunnel is like something out of ‘Star Wars’
- Five veteran Seahawks whose roles could be most impacted by additions from the NFL draft
- Mayor, Chris Hansen denounce misogynistic comments over council arena vote
- Sport fishermen protesting in La Conner on Wednesday as tribal gill-net salmon fishery gets underway
Most Read Stories
Cakar said original registration documents confirm the authenticity of the silver and black coupe.
The authenticity of the car was previously checked by British auction house Historics at Brooklands, which tried but failed to sell the vehicle earlier.
Company auction director, Edward Bridger-Stille, said it was “unusual” to sell such a car to the general public on eBay.