A rare car once used by Britain's wartime leader Winston Churchill is being sold on the auction site eBay.
A rare car once used by Britain’s wartime leader Winston Churchill is being sold on the auction site eBay.
Experts believe the vintage Daimler DB 18 Drophead Coupe is the only one of its kind left.
Germany-based seller Sabri Cakar says the U.K. prime minister used the car between 1944 and 1949.
Bids in the auction, which ends Monday shortly after 7 p.m. (1700 GMT), already top 470,000 euros ($616,000).
- Amazon.com just tip of Seattle boom
- Michael Bennett not expected to attend as Seahawks begin voluntary workouts
- Boeing retools Renton plant for 737's big ramp-up
- Auburn woman sentenced to life for torturing family
- Average price of legal pot drops to about $12 a gram
Most Read Stories
Cakar said original registration documents confirm the authenticity of the silver and black coupe.
The authenticity of the car was previously checked by British auction house Historics at Brooklands, which tried but failed to sell the vehicle earlier.
Company auction director, Edward Bridger-Stille, said it was “unusual” to sell such a car to the general public on eBay.