Tomorrow Public-relations seminar A consultant will discuss how companies can deal with cyberattacks from blogs, discussion boards, viral...
A consultant will discuss how companies can deal with cyberattacks from blogs, discussion boards, viral e-mail and other online activity in a seminar sponsored by Publicis and the Public Relations Society of America. Noon-1:30 p.m., Publicis, fifth floor of 424 Second Ave. W., Seattle. Cost: $25-$35. Information: 206-623-8632.
Most Read Stories
- Amazon unveils smart convenience store sans checkouts, cashiers WATCH
- What national media are saying about UW Huskies in College Football Playoff, matchup with Alabama
- Watch: Boat called ‘Nap Tyme’ collides with Washington State Ferry near Vashon Island
- Seahawks surprised by Cam Newton's first-play absence — and the reason
- ‘Panicking’ Seattle home buyers, spooked by rising interest rates, rush to buy
Session on RFID
The Society for Information Management is holding a luncheon seminar on “Emerging Technologies: The Business Value of RFID,” a look at the impact radio-frequency-identification technology can have on operations.11:30 a.m-1:30 p.m. at Daniel’s Broiler, Bellevue. Cost: $65 — $95. Information: 206-795-0457 or www.seasim.org.
The Graphics Artists Guild will discuss spam. 6-8:30 p.m. at the Columbia Tower Club, 75th floor of Bank of America Tower, 701 Fifth Ave. Cost: $25-$35. Information: 888-632-8883 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
A panel will discuss “Secrets of Early Stage Investing Revealed” and how to pitch ideas and make contacts. The event is sponsored by the Northwest Entrepreneur Network. 7:30-9 p.m., Room N201 of Bellevue Community College Main Campus. Free. Information: 425-746-1973 or www.nwen.org.
Send items for Technology Datebook to Gary Dougherty, Seattle Times business news, P.O. Box 70, Seattle, WA 98111-0070, or by e-mail to email@example.com.