Boeing had finalized leases for eight buildings — six in Bothell and two in Bellevue — to provide office space for between 2,500 and 3,000 employees who will be displaced by demolition of five buildings at its Everett plant, a company spokeswoman confirmed Wednesday.
A commercial real-estate source familiar with the matter said Boeing has closed a deal to lease roughly 210,000 square feet of space at Bellevue’s Sunset North along Interstate 90.
As previously reported, the aerospace giant had already inked leases for about 290,000 square feet across six buildings in Bothell.
Employees will move to the newly leased sites in early summer, said the spokeswoman. Construction in Everett will begin in November on a composite wing assembly center for the 777X, slated to open May 2016.
- Woman knocked unconscious by falling drone during Seattle's Pride parade
- Residents return to ‘war zone’ in wake of Wenatchee wildfire
- Nurse dies from injuries in attack near CenturyLink Field
- How ISIS methodically groomed a lonely young Wash. state woman
- Lake City residents fight to regain use of now-private beach