Boeing said Wednesday it will distribute $10,000 bonus checks to members of the Machinists union in the week ending Jan. 25.
The payments are a signing bonus, part of the deal approved by a slim majority in last week’s contract extension vote.
The payments, totaling $320 million, will go out to just under 31,000 Machinists in Washington state and another 1,500 or so in Portland and Wichita, Kan.
Boeing spokesman Doug Alder also said that the company has begun the process of determining the exact site for the 777X wing facility to be built in the Puget Sound region, also part of the new contract deal with the union.
- Purple Heart plant bed vandalized days before Memorial Day
- Central District’s shrinking black community wonders what’s next
- Refusal in Bernie Sandersland to accept reality is really unreal
- Boeing tankers will be delivered to Air Force late — and incomplete
- Seattle’s vanishing black community
Most Read Stories
Alder said there is no timeframe yet for the decision on where the wing plant will be.
Dominic Gates: (206) 464-2963 or email@example.com