Boeing said Wednesday it will distribute $10,000 bonus checks to members of the Machinists union in the week ending Jan. 25.
The payments are a signing bonus, part of the deal approved by a slim majority in last week’s contract extension vote.
The payments, totaling $320 million, will go out to just under 31,000 Machinists in Washington state and another 1,500 or so in Portland and Wichita, Kan.
Boeing spokesman Doug Alder also said that the company has begun the process of determining the exact site for the 777X wing facility to be built in the Puget Sound region, also part of the new contract deal with the union.
- Seattle City Council kills sale of street for Sodo arena; Sonics fans despair
- This drone footage of inside Bertha’s tunnel is like something out of ‘Star Wars’
- Ted Cruz ends his bid for Republican presidential nomination
- Man killed by car pulling out of Seattle parking garage
- Bertha under the viaduct: Drilling that shut highway is nearly 30 percent done
Most Read Stories
Alder said there is no timeframe yet for the decision on where the wing plant will be.
Dominic Gates: (206) 464-2963 or firstname.lastname@example.org