Boeing looks set to win from United Airlines an order for more than 100 single-aisle jets, which would be worth more than $5 billion after...
Boeing looks set to win from United Airlines an order for more than 100 single-aisle jets, which would be worth more than $5 billion after typical market discounts.
If finalized, the large order will be a big boost for Boeing’s new 737 MAX in its competition with the rival Airbus A320 neo.
Bloomberg News reported from Europe Monday that United has ended sales talks with Airbus, suggesting that officials at the European jetmaker may have leaked the outcome so that news of the loss trickles out. The Wall Street Journal followed up, also from Europe, saying Boeing had won.
A person at United with knowledge of the negotiations said an announcement is imminent, but said it will likely not come before United’s quarterly earnings report Thursday.
- Female tiger killed by mating partner at Sacramento Zoo
- Job cuts planned as Boeing hunkers down to compete with Airbus, consider new plane
- Amid Zika fears, local family shares the reality of microcephaly
- Seahawks sign CFL receiver Jeff Fuller and running back Cameron Marshall
- Nigerian suicide bomber gets cold feet, refuses to kill
Most Read Stories
Dominic Gates: 206-464-2963 or firstname.lastname@example.org