Boeing looks set to win from United Airlines an order for more than 100 single-aisle jets, which would be worth more than $5 billion after...
Boeing looks set to win from United Airlines an order for more than 100 single-aisle jets, which would be worth more than $5 billion after typical market discounts.
If finalized, the large order will be a big boost for Boeing’s new 737 MAX in its competition with the rival Airbus A320 neo.
Bloomberg News reported from Europe Monday that United has ended sales talks with Airbus, suggesting that officials at the European jetmaker may have leaked the outcome so that news of the loss trickles out. The Wall Street Journal followed up, also from Europe, saying Boeing had won.
A person at United with knowledge of the negotiations said an announcement is imminent, but said it will likely not come before United’s quarterly earnings report Thursday.
- Mount St. Helens, still steaming, holds the world’s newest glacier
- Whitest big county in the U.S.? It’s us
- Seattle sets heat record for July 4
- For escapee, prison now will mean 23 hours a day in a cell
- Sound Transit planning heats up for light-rail expansion and public vote
Most Read Stories
Dominic Gates: 206-464-2963 or firstname.lastname@example.org